Bold predictions for CBB after 10 days in... | The Boneyard

Bold predictions for CBB after 10 days in...

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
1. UNC will be no higher than a 4-seed in the NCAA tournament
I believe they are overrated due to their run last year after putting up a bubble-team performance going into their final regular season game at Cameron Indoor. They remind me of the UCLA hype from last year. Their first three games have left a lot to desire.

2. The Big East will only get 4 teams in the tournament.
I think UConn and Creighton should be locks but Xavier and Villanova have been less than impressive, and the league is 1-4 against P5 schools (all against the B1G).

3. The B1G will get 9 teams in the field again.
Most of the college basketball personalities think the B1G is overrated but league only has two losses so far. The bottom of the league is better than expected.

4. TCU will not make the tournament.
TCU received its highest pre-season ranking ever and promptly proved they weren't ready. They stand at 2-1 with a bad loss and two other near losses to low majors. It will be a long year for them.

5. More mid-major at-larges will make the tournament field than in a while.
Bracketologists predicted as few as four at-large bids from non-major conferences (P5+BE). I would not be surprised to see that number closer to 10.

Reaction Score
If UConn keeps evolving/progressing.. They're a sleeper that's goin' to be surprising some folks in the BE

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
1. UNC will be no higher than a 4-seed in the NCAA tournament
I believe they are overrated due to their run last year after putting up a bubble-team performance going into their final regular season game at Cameron Indoor. They remind me of the UCLA hype from last year. Their first three games have left a lot to desire.

2. The Big East will only get 4 teams in the tournament.
I think UConn and Creighton should be locks but Xavier and Villanova have been less than impressive, and the league is 1-4 against P5 schools (all against the B1G).

3. The B1G will get 9 teams in the field again.
Most of the college basketball personalities think the B1G is overrated but league only has two losses so far. The bottom of the league is better than expected.

4. TCU will not make the tournament.
TCU received its highest pre-season ranking ever and promptly proved they weren't ready. They stand at 2-1 with a bad loss and two other near losses to low majors. It will be a long year for them.

5. More mid-major at-larges will make the tournament field than in a while.
Bracketologists predicted as few as four at-large bids from non-major conferences (P5+BE). I would not be surprised to see that number closer to 10.
TCU is missing their backcourt starters. They’ll make the tournament.

Reaction Score
These all just seem like overreactions to 3 games lol.
It is, but at least he's admitting they're hottakes. Something fun sometimes it going out on a limb.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
TCU up 27 at the half. The season may only be three games in, but the Boneyard is in mid-season form.
They are playing UL Monroe. They are supposed to be up 27 at half.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
So if they continue to play as they are “supposed to,” they will make the tourney. I fail to see your point.
1/4 games living up to expectation is a lower percentage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom