Boise State Game - Anyone Book Hotel Yet? | The Boneyard

Boise State Game - Anyone Book Hotel Yet?

Reaction Score
I'm starting to plan my trip to Boise for the game. Has anyone who is going or knows the city have any hotel suggestions? Thanks.

Reaction Score
There are lots of choices. Oxford Suites, Marriott Courtyard, Hyatt Place Downtown. We’re at Hampton Inn Downtown Boise.
Not sure where Whaler is staying.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to plan my trip to Boise for the game. Has anyone who is going or knows the city have any hotel suggestions? Thanks.
Staying at the Holiday Inn Express Boise-University Area. They have a shuttle to the airport and the hotel is and a 15 minute walk to the stadium. Plenty to do around the area.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There are lots of choices. Oxford Suites, Marriot Courtyard, Hyatt Place Downtown. We’re at Hampton Inn Downtown Boise.
Not sure where Whaler is staying.

8 hours of flight time each way with layovers? I’ll be staying somewhere other than Boise.

Reaction Score
Courtyard is very close to the Stadium as is the HIX. When Albertsons bought Shaw’s I was out there several times a year. The full service hotels downtown are a drive. It has been at least 10 years since I was there for a game but they would let you out and back in all game long. Great fans and very friendly.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I really wish I was going. I’ve heard Boise is an awesome place

Reaction Score
It makes Hartford look like a blend of Vegas and Paris.
You are a miserable old man.

Boise itself is a small city and is one of my favorite small cities in the country. Don't expect any great seafood but there are excellent restaurants throughout the area. And the people are all much friendlier than anyone you happen upon in Vegas or Hartford.Watching a game there is fun once your eyes adjust to the color of the field. Their fans are every bit as passionate as most SEC schools and they bang the stadium out in game day colors every time. Every tailgate I went to (all 4 of them), when the opposing fans were spotted, they were immediately invited over, welcomed to Boise, fed some good food, given a beer/drink and invited to stop by post game.

If you plan on having a free day there, there are awesome experiences an easy drive away. Drive north up into the mountains if you want to waste 2-3 hours. There is a beautiful loop that starts on the the north side of the city you can do using ID 275 to ID 297. Crazy switchbacks and beautiful views. Drive less than 1 hour south to the Snake River Canyon. Drive E 3 hours to the Craters of the Moon. 2 hours away is Sun Valley if you want world class food and the glam that Palantine must have expected from Boise.

Reaction Score

Boise itself is a small city and is one of my favorite small cities in the country. Don't expect any great seafood but there are excellent restaurants throughout the area. And the people are all much friendlier than anyone you happen upon in Vegas or Hartford.Watching a game there is fun once your eyes adjust to the color of the field. Their fans are every bit as passionate as most SEC schools and they bang the stadium out in game day colors every time. Every tailgate I went to (all 4 of them), when the opposing fans were spotted, they were immediately invited over, welcomed to Boise, fed some good food, given a beer/drink and invited to stop by post game.

If you plan on having a free day there, there are awesome experiences an easy drive away. Drive north up into the mountains if you want to waste 2-3 hours. There is a beautiful loop that starts on the the north side of the city you can do using ID 275 to ID 297. Crazy switchbacks and beautiful views. Drive less than 1 hour south to the Snake River Canyon. Drive E 3 hours to the Craters of the Moon. 2 hours away is Sun Valley if you want world class food and the glam that Palantine must have expected from Boise.

LOL. Don't get upset, I'm just teasing Boise.

It has a nice airport. There is a gentle little river that runs through town. I've been to Twin Falls and driven though the countryside. It is very beautiful and sometimes spectacular country.

But was not impressed by my time in Boise. Not much going on culturally (even with the college) not a lot of there, there.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
LOL. Don't get upset, I'm just teasing Boise.

It has a nice airport. There is a gentle little river that runs through town. I've been to Twin Falls and driven though the countryside. It is very beautiful and sometimes spectacular country.

But was not impressed by my time in Boise. Not much going on culturally (even with the college) not a lot of there, there.

How long ago? Boise (like much of the west) has changed a lot in the last decade. They’re known now as a pretty hot city to move to

Reactions: TKs

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I had high hopes of going - but once I looked at the logistics not a chance.

Not easy flying out that way, but the flight in is gorgeous. When I flew into Missoula, the logistics sucked, but I was like a little kid in the window seat as we flew over the Rockies while we descended

Reaction Score
Not easy flying out that way, but the flight in is gorgeous. When I flew into Missoula, the logistics sucked, but I was like a little kid in the window seat as we flew over the Rockies while we descended

If I wasn't already at nearly 100K flight miles this year I'd think about it. But I'm already worn out - that just chews up too much time. I do really want to go, but can't muster up the energy ;)

Reaction Score
Thanks for the tips. There is actually a secondary motive to the primary motive of seeing my favorite football team on an iconic field. Boise is on my short list for where my wife and I are moving once we get out of CT. We are going to spend a few days before the game and scout the city and surrounding areas out.

Reaction Score
One if the best things about being a Husky fan is going to away games as a band of brothers. It’s an us against them experience.
We’ve also had the opportunity to visit places we otherwise might not have gone to. Sure it takes some logistical gymnastics but that’s what makes it fun—and very much worth it.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
If I wasn't already at nearly 100K flight miles this year I'd think about it. But I'm already worn out - that just chews up too much time. I do really want to go, but can't muster up the energy ;)

At 100k miles it sounds like you could send the whole BY for free on your rewards!

Reaction Score
I am at 85k and am exhausted. NW Arkansas on Monday. San Diego the following Monday...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
One if the best things about being a Husky fan is going to away games as a band of brothers. It’s an us against them experience.
We’ve also had the opportunity to visit places we otherwise might not have gone to. Sure it takes some logistical gymnastics but that’s what makes it fun—and very much worth it.

I’ve been to dozens of road games - but I’m not retired so burning 4-5 days on a logistical nightmare as a 25 pt underdog is a pass.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
100k miles on most of the airlines today means he can check a bag for free and maybe get a halfpriced drink if it’s over 5 hours in the air.

My brother is delta diamond for traveling a lot and can upgrade to first class on any flight anywhere in the world for free I guess

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom