Boise Idaho | The Boneyard

Boise Idaho

Reaction Score
Has anyone been recently?

Doing a long weekend next month. We're into breweries, wine bars, good farm/table restaurants and typical urban exploring.

Won't have a car, and plan on doing a tube ride down the river for our nature adventure.

Big positive is that sunset is 9:30pm

Anything specific I need to see, do or drink?

Reaction Score
A friend did her grad school at Boise State, here’s some suggestions via text:

The farmers market on Saturday is always great, Table Rock hike, Julia Davis Park, tubing on the Boise river, the Smurf Turf field.

Favorite bar: Home - Bar Gernika

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Just got back. Floated on the river, rented bikes, Basque block (have been to San Sebastian so that was a treat) went to a bunch of breweries and the restaurants were very good. Definitely recommend
Idaho is one of 9 states I haven’t been too yet. Would love to do boise and sun valley. Cool to hear you liked it!

what cities (size and amenity wise) would you compare Boise to?

Reaction Score
Good question. I've been out of the east coast for a while now so my memory is a bit hazy.
For the northeast probably something between Providence and Burlington Vt size of downtown+walkability wise

We felt it was similar to Bend Oregon (another amazing place for a couple days)

Boise felt like it's still a frontier town, maybe what Denver was 40 years ago

Reaction Score
Idaho is one of 9 states I haven’t been too yet. Would love to do boise and sun valley. Cool to hear you liked it!
Same here. Haven't been to Washington/Oregon/Idaho yet, and neither has my wife, which is very odd since she spent ages 6-23 in Montana, especially with five years of college in Missoula.

We haven't been to Montana since her parents and older sister moved to Arizona four years ago. One idea that we've considered, which would fit your itinerary too, is fly into and out of Missoula (awesome town if you haven't been) and then rent a car to explore western Montana and the Sun Valley.

There's a way to do the trip where you never see the same road: one way, through Interstate 15 and one way through route 93. In that route, the Sun Valley would be the "7 o'clock" of that circle-ish route while Missoula is "12 o'clock". About 12 hours of total driving, 700 miles: good for 4-7 days depending on what you want to do.

1626003374619.png

It'd be cheaper and better hiking weather if done in the spring, but there's always the big winter storm risk traveling that much in March/April.

Reaction Score
Driving coastal Oregon is unreal. Pristine untouched land. If you're a golfer Bandon Dunes should be #1 on the bucket list

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom