Boeheim taken to task | The Boneyard

Boeheim taken to task

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I do like Boeheim, and appreciate what he's done. But syracuse does often get a pass, in part due to the fact that loads of sports media personalities are alumni.

But the thing that always stands out for me is his obsession with the zone. When he has the bodies, it clearly works in the regular season. This season is case and point. They have long talented players everywhere and their zone is a nightmare to play against. They will lose maybe 4 games max in reg season.

But it wouldn't hurt to be able to do both, and over the years they would have done better in the tourney if they could man up when the opponent is draining threes, killing them on the boards, penetrating the free throw line, has a great passing big man, or otherwise over matching the zone.

Their team is great this year, as it was last year, and its already obvious they will lose before they should in the tourney.

Other side point is their nba guys inability to play d in the pros... Not really a coincidence.

Anyway, he's a great guy overall in my opinion... He lets things like shoplifting go because he can. Everyone in syracuse is dedicated to that program, even mall cops

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say he was "taken to task" at all. Pretty balanced article which states that he has been incredibly successful as a coach but also fairly states that "The rest is not really his problem". The long string of player incidents without repercussion has been mildly tarnished his reputation.

His handling of the utterly despicable situation with Bernie Fine is at best "loss of institutional control" (if you believe that he truly had no idea what was going on) and at worst complicit coverup of criminal behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom