Boeheim Spilling Secrets | The Boneyard

Boeheim Spilling Secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't get why he's putting his academic record out there like that, I hope Melo knew beforeheand because if not I wouldn't really be cool with that if I was in his position. Is that even legal without Melo's consent?

Reaction Score
Assuming they were all three credit courses, that's a pretty solid 1.800 GPA right there.

I would bet a lot of money that he didn't stick around to finish his second semester, either.

I'm assuming Carmelo gave Boeheim permission to write that. Otherwise it's illegal. But knowing how publishers work, I have no doubt Carmelo received legal papers signing off o such revelations.

Reaction Score
I don't get why he's putting his academic record out there like that, I hope Melo knew beforeheand because if not I wouldn't really be cool with that if I was in his position. Is that even legal without Melo's consent?

Illegal without Melo's consent. But legal papers are standard in such cases. Publishers cover their butts usually. I have signed off on these myself.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
So, back to the original question... to what purpose? What's he trying to prove with this information?

Reaction Score
There's still a lot of information left out there, but if those grades are accurate, that's a 1.8 GPA. A 2.0 GPA is the cutoff at Syracuse to stay off of academic probation. If Melo was supposed to be on academic probation and played anyway, that could potentially bring program sanctions and take away Syracuse's lone National Championship.

Good thing they still have their Helms Cups.

caw

Reaction Score
Before people jump the gun too much, most athletes do summer school before their freshmen year, if Melo got even a B in a summer school course he would likely be eligible.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Before people jump the gun too much, most athletes do summer school before their freshmen year, if Melo got even a B in a summer school course he would likely be eligible.

Good point. Again, I think we need a little more context about whatever Boeheim was talking about when he mentioned this to understand the context of sharing this decidedly cringe-worthy information about the person who is one of Boeheim's most successful players.

caw

Reaction Score
Good point. Again, I think we need a little more context about whatever Boeheim was talking about when he mentioned this to understand the context of sharing this decidedly cringe-worthy information about the person who is one of Boeheim's most successful players.

Agree, though either way it's not a good look for Melo or Cuse.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
What's the deal with that anyway? Is there actually an investigation going on?
Who the heck knows? But I would venture to guess the NCAA losing its teeth in the P5 Autonomy conversation likely means we never hear a peep about it.

Reaction Score
Anytime a Syracuse/Carmelo Anthony thread pops up, I don't mind posting this photo:

Carmelo-Anthony-White-House.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It won't happen, but I would take so much pleasure in watching Cuse get stripped of its only title.

Reaction Score
Jim Chairusmi ‏@jimchair 25m25 minutes ago
Carmelo Anthony got four Cs and a D in his first semester at Syracuse, according to Jim Boeheim in his new book "Bleeding Orange."

No news here. Summer classes and one semester is the extent of his academic career. This is typical of almost every one and done.

EDIT: I am actually impressed he took a full class load. Not easy for any freshman athlete.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Agree, though either way it's not a good look for Melo or Cuse.
Yeah, so why go through the time and trouble to publish it?

Reaction Score
No news here. Summer classes and one semester is the extent of his academic career. This is typical of almost every one and done.

EDIT: I am actually impressed he took a full class load. Not easy for any freshman athlete.
A lot of schools offer an easy one credit freshmen year class. He may very well not have taken a full class load.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
As someone pointed out before, summer classes + not caring 1st semester allows you to be academically eligible all year and then dart for the NBA Draft without taking (failing essentially) all your 2nd semester courses.

Its the Kentucky Way of Life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul