Boeheim Interview | The Boneyard

Boeheim Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone catch the highlights of the Boeheim interview on Sportscenter? Seems kinda weird. I know hes been adamently defending Fine (too much so IMO), but this was a weird interview. When asked what he knew about the investigation he said, "just the bare minimum", and that he basically doesnt concern himself with "that stuff" and that he shouldnt concern himself with those matters. Really? His longtime assistant was investigated for molesting boys and he only thought he should know the minor details and that he shouldnt concern himself with "that stuff"; like its some minor thing that happens all the time. I found his answers bizzare and dismissive.

Reaction Score
Boeheim and his reputation were going to be fully intact when the allegations came out. Clearly he has very little involvement in the situation. However, he has showed no restrain in making some pretty extreme statements. He has put himself in a position where if evidence is found against Fine, than the University will have to fire Boeheim. I don't like Cuse, but that is a really sad situation for Boeheim.

Reaction Score
He would only go if he was found to know something about it like Paterno. Otherwise how is he vulnerable?

Reaction Score
Really, someone should simply tell him to shut up...only answer basketball questions. I have no idea how this will come out, but if it turns out that Fine was involved with boys on the Syracuse campus, Boeheim will be gone regardless of what he knew, in part because it will just be necessary for public relations, but also because of some of his comments.

Reaction Score
He would only go if he was found to know something about it like Paterno. Otherwise how is he vulnerable?

I don't know if he could possibly get canned for this but there would be a lot of heat on him for saying the alleged victim is flat out lying if its found out the guy actually was molested for 15 years.

Reaction Score
Boeheim has been throwing all his chips on Fine. Now he is fully committed. Some of his responses are bizarre to say the least actually makes him sound kooky. I don't really know how else to describe it.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Boeheim has been throwing all his chips on Fine. Now he is fully committed. Some of his responses are bizarre to say the least actually makes him sound kooky. I don't really know how else to describe it.

I don't know. If this was a decades long friend and colleague and this was a reopening of prior allegations which were proven groundless, how would you react?

I agree, however, that if this goes south for Fine, Boeheim will take a lot of crap over it, especially if there is any information which, in hindsight, proves damning.

Reaction Score
He will simply say that no proof was ever presented to him and this is not the man he knew for 30 years and that he is as shocked and disappointed as everyone else. He's going nowhere unless he wants to. Unlike Joe, they have not been trying to run him out of town for the past 10 years.

Reaction Score
One thing that gets me is how do they {the guys with the allegations} come up with Fine. I mean why him ,how do they pick these guys. They pick there names out of hat or something, if that's the case anyone could be accused of anything , anytime. Just curious if these guys are not telling the truth and making this up how did they just come up with Bernie Fine

Reaction Score

He called the accusers liars. If the accusers are victims, then well, that's not the sort of thing you should do.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Anyone catch the highlights of the Boeheim interview on Sportscenter? Seems kinda weird. I know hes been adamently defending Fine (too much so IMO), but this was a weird interview. When asked what he knew about the investigation he said, "just the bare minimum", and that he basically doesnt concern himself with "that stuff" and that he shouldnt concern himself with those matters. Really? His longtime assistant was investigated for molesting boys and he only thought he should know the minor details and that he shouldnt concern himself with "that stuff"; like its some minor thing that happens all the time. I found his answers bizzare and dismissive.
That is a bull sh@# response. He concerns himself with everything that concerns SU bball just like Paterno knows if you sneeze on campus. It is also a defensive response.

Reaction Score
He called the accusers liars. If the accusers are victims, then well, that's not the sort of thing you should do.
The accusers stated that Boeheim saw

Reaction Score
The accusers stated that Boeheim saw
Sorry. The accusers stated that Boeheim saw them together on a hotel bed. Boeheim said that was not true. I see no problem with that.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Someone said here that the two accusers have checkered backgrounds with drug problems etc. You woould too if you were molested by Bernie Fine as a young boy. Child molesters don't usually pick on kids with strong families/backgrounds. That is why Second Mile was a perfect scenario for Sandusky. Speaking of Sandusky did anyone see that one of the schools allowed he ws taking one of the victims out of school with approval from the Principal! When you are the only game in town like Penn st is to Happy Valley and SU is to Syracuse even the town wants to cover it up. That is a big mountain for a victime of molestation to have to climb

Reaction Score
Sorry. The accusers stated that Boeheim saw them together on a hotel bed. Boeheim said that was not true. I see no problem with that.

Come on, he went well beyond that.

Reaction Score
Yea, Boeheim did not say "He is lying that I saw him in bed." He is saying that they are lying about everything and their motivational is money.

Reaction Score
Someone said here that the two accusers have checkered backgrounds with drug problems etc. You woould too if you were molested by Bernie Fine as a young boy. Child molesters don't usually pick on kids with strong families/backgrounds. That is why Second Mile was a perfect scenario for Sandusky. Speaking of Sandusky did anyone see that one of the schools allowed he ws taking one of the victims out of school with approval from the Principal! When you are the only game in town like Penn st is to Happy Valley and SU is to Syracuse even the town wants to cover it up. That is a big mountain for a victime of molestation to have to climb

I haven't seen that statement about drugs made anywhere.

I have my doubts about the story. Some of it is weird. For instance, the fact the relationship went until one victim was 27. The fact that the nature of the contact was limited to mutual masturbation, etc. Pretty strange.

But, then there are other elements in play. The ex-girlfriend who has everything to lose in her position at a hotel that services Syracuse U. She's married and has a family. Then there's the "cover-up" allegation by the DA on the part of the SPD. And finally Syracuse fans says there is a tape of a conversation out there somewhere. Oh, and a new alleged victim who surfaced a few days ago is meeting with police investigators today.

Reaction Score
He went all in on Bernie Fine. As long as he's right, that is ok. But if it turns out that Fine was in fact a slimeball as he is being accused, Boeheim will be gone. No way he survives especially in this climate. In fact, even if he didn't know what was going on but Bernie was involved, he will be a goner. He only wins if Bernie Fine is innocent. Take it to the bank.

Reaction Score
He went all in on Bernie Fine. As long as he's right, that is ok. But if it turns out that Fine was in fact a slimeball as he is being accused, Boeheim will be gone. No way he survives especially in this climate. In fact, even if he didn't know what was going on but Bernie was involved, he will be a goner. He only wins if Bernie Fine is innocent. Take it to the bank.

Even most Cuse fans are saying the same thing. I really don't understand why he said what he did. Maybe he thought that even if he didn't say anything people would assume he knew all along and would therefore call for his head.

It's really scary to think that in both the PSU and Syracuse cases, initial calls and investigations by law enforcement were not treated with the gravity such a charge deserves. The State College PD and DA soft peddled the charges while Syracuse ignored them.

Reaction Score
He will simply say that no proof was ever presented to him and this is not the man he knew for 30 years and that he is as shocked and disappointed as everyone else. He's going nowhere unless he wants to. Unlike Joe, they have not been trying to run him out of town for the past 10 years.

Of course the Johnnie Cochran theory of criminal defense:

1) Deny everything
2) Admit nothing
3) Make them prove it

These are the three basic principals of good criminal defense work that are also applicable to any issue where you are asserting the concept of plausible deniability.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Even most Cuse fans are saying the same thing. I really don't understand why he said what he did. Maybe he thought that even if he didn't say anything people would assume he knew all along and would therefore call for his head.

It's really scary to think that in both the PSU and Syracuse cases, initial calls and investigations by law enforcement were not treated with the gravity such a charge deserves. The State College PD and DA soft peddled the charges while Syracuse ignored them.
Child service soft pedalled, the local high school principal and football coach soft pedalled it and oh that DA you mention is missing and presumed dead. Hmm. Jerry S was a pillar of the community. "Don't you know who you are dealing with here?"

Reaction Score
One thing that gets me is how do they {the guys with the allegations} come up with Fine. I mean why him ,how do they pick these guys. They pick there names out of hat or something, if that's the case anyone could be accused of anything , anytime. Just curious if these guys are not telling the truth and making this up how did they just come up with Bernie Fine

I have no idea if Bernie Fine did or did not do anything improper or illegal with his accusers. But the answer to your other question is yes, in this day and age anyone can in fact be accused of anything at any time. And it will be discussed on the internet to where reliable news sources will feel like they have to talk about it without having any facts at all.

Welcome to America in the 21st century.

Reaction Score
he didn't pick him out of a hat, he accused someone that he spent a lot of time with as a child.

Reaction Score
That is a bull sh@# response. He concerns himself with everything that concerns SU bball just like Paterno knows if you sneeze on campus. It is also a defensive response.
are you saying his statement was BS, or my analysis?

Reaction Score
Im not even arguing about potential punishments for Boeheim or what he knew. But one minute he comes out swinging saying bizarre things and going way to far. And the next hes on ESPN, calm and mellow downplaying the whole thing like its something thats a common occurance. If this investigation was indeed launched in 2005 then Boeheim was made aware of it. Nobody knows to what extent, but to say he "doesnt concern himself with that stuff" is just a really weird thing to say in this situation. One thing is clear, Boeheim is not helping himself by talking this much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom