Bob Joyce - The Radio Voice of the Huskies. A Great Dude | The Boneyard

Bob Joyce - The Radio Voice of the Huskies. A Great Dude

Reaction Score
Played in a media golf outing yesterday. The group behind us included our favorite broadcaster Bob Joyce. The dude is as good a guy as he is a broadcaster bringing Husky games to us when we can't be in front of the telly. He even got the crowd chanting UCONN.... Huskies when showing the natty ring on Wayne Norman's hand.
Bob Joyce.jpg

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
He`s terrific.

I remember a few years back, the radio broadcasts switched to ESPN and I was worried that ESPN might not bring him over. Fortunately, they made the wise decision and did so!

Reaction Score
I listen to his call synched up to the muted video stream. Anyone tired of missing substitutions and wondering what the whistle was for will find it refreshing. They chat, but not when the clock is running. He's the one who is responsible for the "Paige Frigging Bueckers" call. Maybe it's because I grew up listening to basketball a lot more than watching it.

Reaction Score
I listen to his call synched up to the muted video stream. Anyone tired of missing substitutions and wondering what the whistle was for will find it refreshing. They chat, but not when the clock is running. He's the one who is responsible for the "Paige Frigging Bueckers" call. Maybe it's because I grew up listening to basketball a lot more than watching it.
So true. Listening to sports on the radio created a great appreciation of a great play by play guy. Well said.

Reaction Score
Just curious what station he is on? I'm hoping it is one that streams so I can get it in western NY.

Reaction Score
Just curious what station he is on? I'm hoping it is one that streams so I can get it in western NY.

The call is on The Varsity Network. Search "UConn Womens basketball" It's a free streaming ap. I have the ap on my phone and found it easy to use. I am pretty ignorant about smart phones. They have a pregame for a half hour and a great postgame that almost always includes a Daley interview. Geno gets a lot of those "What 's it like being great" questions while Daley answers mostly game-relevant questions.

Reaction Score
Is the app available for android or only iPhone? I never could understand why apps release in only Apple format when 70% of phones/tablets are android. I am not an Apple fan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom