Bob Diaco points to two areas of improvement he wants in 2015. | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco points to two areas of improvement he wants in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... One is obviously execution, but the other is avoiding the “moment of crack.”

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=UConn-Bob-Diaco-wants-to-eliminate-that-moment-of-crack

>>“I’d like to see the elimination of that moment of crack,” Diaco said. “Even in the games a year ago, you can see these games that are highly competitive. If you just look at the box score, it’s not necessarily indicative of how the game went. There were a lot of games that, late in the third or middle of the fourth, where some kind of adversity happens, and what looked like a formidable game up to that point, the train came off the tracks, and there was that moment of crack.

“For the better part of two-and-a-half quarters, a team is held to seven points, and all of a sudden, they’ve got three or four unanswered touchdowns. It’s not indicative of the preparation or their abilities and talents.”<<

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I see one area of improvement, Bob's coach speak. As for the rest of the quote, he's technically correct but execution and staying power are symptoms not causes. Bad teams don't execute. Poorly coached teams don't execute. Poorly conditioned teams don't hang around for 60 minutes. Bad teams have easily exploitable weaknesses that are exposed as games progress.

I'd also question the two-half quarters. Many games were lost on the first possession turnovers leading to points we knew we'd have trouble matching. The defense keeping it close for three quarters is a credit to them, but a hollow victory at best.

I'm hoping the attitude, conditioning, and preparation are there. If they are, then execution and heart will be there and wins will be there for the taking.

heartmojohusky.jpg

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Umm, what about a third area of improvement: game day coaching? It would have been more reassuring if that had been acknowledged in that forum as well.

Reaction Score
I watched that video, and I couldn't help to think that in a way he was describing himself with the false bravado, especially the way he spoke immediately after the BYU game.

New year however, and I'm hoping he got the newbie stuff out of his system. There is a lot to like about the guy as a coach. Hopefully we see tangible progress in games this year.

Reaction Score
... One is obviously execution, but the other is avoiding the “moment of crack.”

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=UConn-Bob-Diaco-wants-to-eliminate-that-moment-of-crack

>>“I’d like to see the elimination of that moment of crack,” Diaco said. “Even in the games a year ago, you can see these games that are highly competitive. If you just look at the box score, it’s not necessarily indicative of how the game went. There were a lot of games that, late in the third or middle of the fourth, where some kind of adversity happens, and what looked like a formidable game up to that point, the train came off the tracks, and there was that moment of crack.

“For the better part of two-and-a-half quarters, a team is held to seven points, and all of a sudden, they’ve got three or four unanswered touchdowns. It’s not indicative of the preparation or their abilities and talents.”<<

Players needs to keep their pants up which is one way to eliminate the moment of"crack"! This could be very disturbing during the course of a heated contest. Let's say Branden Vechery has a Black Bean Burrito at Moe's the night before the game and lets one loose while Bryant Shirreffs is under center. Lord knows what the ramifications might be. By all means, the moment of crack should definately be illiminated.

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate