Bob Diaco On The American Post-Spring Teleconference | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco On The American Post-Spring Teleconference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm more impressed every day with Diaco. Bigger, Stronger, Faster is an oft repeated mantra by him and a huge indictment of Coach P's regime. Incidentally, the word I heard is that former QB coach Shane Day was an early supporter of Casey Cochran being the starter but he was such a poor practice performer he could never convince PP to start him. It seems some QB's don't shine till the bell rings and it took desperation to find out about CC.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
IMHO this was the most pessimistic (realistic?) Diaco's sounded since he's been here.

Lowering all of our expectations, maybe?...

Reaction Score
IMHO this was the most pessimistic (realistic?) Diaco's sounded since he's been here.

Lowering all of our expectations, maybe?...

Not really. I think he's been clear and consistent with his message. He inherited a team that was not in good physical condition, didn't know how to win, and didn't particularly care for one another like teammates should. Diaco is not turning around this ship overnight. This is gonna take time.

Everything we are hearing from Diaco is a HUGE indictment on the schmucks that were here a year ago.

Reaction Score
Not really. I think he's been clear and consistent with his message. He inherited a team that was not in good physical condition, didn't know how to win, and didn't particularly care for one another like teammates should. Diaco is not turning around this ship overnight. This is gonna take time.

Everything we are hearing from Diaco is a HUGE indictment on the schmucks that were here a year ago.

Pains me to say this, but early last year I felt P was just collecting checks. Team got pushed around by an FCS team, Oline confusion, no imagination on offense. After each loss, talking about how a few plays here and there were the difference, and microwave socieities. Just glad Warde had testiculos to pull the trigger when he did.

Reaction Score
Warde had testiculos to pull the trigger when he did.

You're right. Big kudos to WM. Most college AD's would have let the season play out and take action then.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Diaco has the huge task of changing the culture that existed for 3 years. Lack of physical conditioning and lack of mental toughness are PP's legacy. A lot of damage to fix.

The physical aspect is being addressed. If they players have taken this to heart, one cultural change is making progress. We won't really see the mental aspect until its game time.

I appreciate Diaco being realistic. No false promises or bravado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom