Bob Diaco: 'I've never been on a team where academics didn't affect performance' | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco: 'I've never been on a team where academics didn't affect performance'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://coachingsearch.com/article?a...team-where-academics-didnt-affect-performance

>>Bob Diaco sounds really excited about his 2015 team, but that starts because of the classroom. Diaco told SiriusXM College Sports Nation that 31 UConn football players are on academic honor roll, the most in program history. He also said no players are in jeopardy of being academically ineligible, for the first time in 14 years.<<

Also:
desmondconner 1:17pm via Twitter for iPhone
Congratulations to #UConnFootball players John-Luke Bogue, Justin Wain and Sean Marinan for scoring 4.0s last semester ... #StudentAthletes

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When I think Miami, Florida and Ohio State - I know I think academic success.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
When I think Miami, Florida and Ohio State - I know I think academic success.
With those schools? I think probation. The legal kind, when it comes to Florida.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
With those schools? I think probation. The legal kind, when it comes to Florida.

Well if you won't accept sarcasm it turns out Notre Dame's defense sometimes has academic issues.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Well if you won't accept sarcasm it turns out Notre Dame's defense sometimes has academic issues.

Can you not accept sarcasm when it is offered in return of sarcasm? Geesh...I heard Notre Dame Linebackers aren't so street smart (Sometimes they think they're talking to Caitlin, not Bruce. :eek:). Not sure about the books.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can you not accept sarcasm when it is offered in return of sarcasm? Geesh...I heard Notre Dame Linebackers aren't so street smart (Sometimes they think they're talking to Caitlin, not Bruce. :eek:). Not sure about the books.

You picked Florida instead of Miami? I'm supposed to keep up?

Husky25

Reaction Score
You picked Florida instead of Miami? I'm supposed to keep up?

Did you catch the Brandon Spikes new today? How about Aaron Hernandez? Miami has not been relevant in some time, football wise, IMO.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Did you catch the Brandon Spikes new today? How about Aaron Hernandez? Miami has not been relevant in some time, football wise, IMO.

True post'grad' success is important.

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, The U is one of the better academic schools that happens to have a national power FBS football program...

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, The U is one of the better academic schools that happens to have a national power FBS football program...

snarky reply would be they're not a national power (anymore) :)

Reaction Score
They are all good academic institutions and likely have a majority of players who are good students. What loses me is that the curriculum for athletes at some powerhouse schools is plain silly - e.g., what classes did Duke freshmen BB players take last fall? I'll give you a hint, one focused on Michael Jackson and another on Walt Disney. And that's Duke. And then folks are astounded to read that athletes go broke. The system is broken in so many ways

Reaction Score
For decades UNC athletes took phony classes. Somehow I bet Winston didn't take too many astrophysics and molecular biology classes at FSU either. Most D 1 powers have made a decision that in a student body of 10-50000 they can "hide" a handful of players who have neither the interest nor the academic ability to be there. As they say, so they didn't go to Smith but it would be nice if they could spell it.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I don't think this is an indicator of anything. We've got a bunch of decent students... who've taken advantage of a system that's, quite frankly, designed for them to achieve this. If I had had the structure and support system in college these guys do I'd probably have made the honor roll far more than the once I did during college. What this tells me is that the administration and support staff are doing their job.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
He MIGHT never be on a team with that correlation - UM proved you can be GREAT on the field and UNINSPIRING in the classroom...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom