Boatright this, Boatright that | The Boneyard

Boatright this, Boatright that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The football is not over and I'm following game cast ESPN'S. I noticed we were behind 8-1 at the first timeout, then Boatright steal, assist and lay up came across the screen. Is there a trend here?

Reaction Score
Lamb is clearly our best player, but Boatright is going to be a major player for this team.

Reaction Score
Our three best players may be our only three scholarship guards. Do we have the best backcourt in the country?

Reaction Score
One thing that surprises me about Boatright is that JC is really quick to praise untested players, yet we did not really hear any rave reviews about Boatright. Was JC guarding his secret weapon?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
One thing that surprises me about Boatright is that JC is really quick to praise untested players, yet we did not really hear any rave reviews about Boatright. Was JC guarding his secret weapon?

I think when Calhoun heaps praise on a player, it's because the kid needs confidence. Boatright seems like he's got plenty of that.

Reaction Score
Boat is a great spark. Totally fearless, great athlete. Instant fan favorite.

Reaction Score
Boat is a great spark. Totally fearless, great athlete. Instant fan favorite.
He's playing like Freshmen Kemba or Freshman Bazz. His style is more like Kemba, but his impact is the same as each. He provides so much.

I'm sad, though, that it is coming at the expense, at the time, of Daniels and Roscoe. I'm hoping they don't feel too discouraged.

Reaction Score
UConn went small today with Shabazz and Boatright getting huge minutes and Giffey in there a lot. Daniels will get easily get his minutes against better match-ups, Roscoe too.

Reaction Score
He's playing like Freshmen Kemba or Freshman Bazz.
Never would I sully the name of the Immortal, Kemba Walker, but keep ahold of yourself man.

What we've seen from Bazz in 2 games is on a different level than Kemba prior to his Junior year. Go check the numbers if you're unsure.

Reaction Score
I really don't think anyone can legit play man on him. I'd like to see Craft try to check him. We'll see hopefully.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
You have to wonder what Huggins is thinking at this point. Thank you WVU.
Hinds is no slouch either - averaging 12 PPG and over 4 APG for WVU and being one of the starters. he's getting 27 minutes per game and shoots 50% from beyond the arc. way too soon to see about Boat - what kind of consistent numbers he will have, and i'm totally psyched we got him, but it seems Hinds is pretty good too.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
JC does the early praise thing to build up guys confidence, and/or to wake up the guy they are competing for time with. Neither was necessary with boatright. This was his 2nd college game, and he was te best player on the floor. The guy he's competing for/sharing time with might''ve been the 3rd best today.

Reaction Score
This is why he is so valuable off the bench. Who could we have inserted other than him to spark the team? If he can accept that role at least for this year he will be a fantastic 6th man. Teams play us one way then in comes Boatright and their game plan goes out the window.

There is nothing wrong with not starting when you are on the floor at the end of the game.

caw

Reaction Score
Lamb, Bazz and Boat all benefit from having the other two around esp with the three G lineup. I mean a teams best defender can only guard one of them...OSU for instance puts Craft on who, Boat or Bazz?

If the bigs develop some consistency and the threes can play as well as Giffey did today, or better...this is a very scary team

Reaction Score
Kellogg used to call it stat sheet stuffer, let's see 6 assists, 2 steals, 23 points, 2 for 3 from 3 and 8 for 12 overall. I think that about does it. Oh yeah, 2nd college game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Lamb, Bazz and Boat all benefit from having the other two around esp with the three G lineup. I mean a teams best defender can only guard one of them...OSU for instance puts Craft on who, Boat or Bazz?

If the bigs develop some consistency and the threes can play as well as Giffey did today, or better...this is a very scary team
I was going to post this. Thanks for saving me the time.

C

Chief00

377151_2376486211919_1243501016_32221581_1739491875_n.jpg

The Chicago folks were in the house. He has a great family! His hat says Boat Show.

Reaction Score
What really impresses me is that Boatwright is playing like he's been here for at least a year. His time on the bench was certainly not wasted, but he also has a tremendous feel for the game and terrific court sense.

I was concerned that he'd be a showboat and not be able to play within the system. Instead, he's shown an understanding of the system, fit into it and displayed a maturity that's surprising. He's performed like a true PG, looking for the open player and making those around him better. In both games, he's looked for, and gotten, assists before ever taking a shot. Shabazz played better today and seemed more comfortable having Boatwright on the floor. They're going to be great together.

As for comparisons, I'd say his leadership and maturity, especially for a freshman, is on par with Khalid. His game is more Kemba-like, but without the learning curve. He's ready-to-serve from day one -- no thawing, curing or seasoning needed. He's only lacking in strength, which is not unexpected. This shows more on his long range shots than anywhere else. Naturally, that will change with each year in the weight room, but speed and quickness is his stock in trade.

Overall, I don't think we've ever had a player who could contribute so much, so quickly. By season's end, he may be the most talked about player in the BE, if not the country. He's that good, and he's also a freak. Players that size are not supposed to be able to do the things he can do, especially out of the chute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom