Boatright should start over Napier | The Boneyard

Boatright should start over Napier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shabazz is an ok player who can score, but he does not have the quickness, athleticism, or shot-making ability of Boatright. Shabazz is a bench player on a national contender team, and the game against UCF proved it. Calhoun is showing too much loyalty in players like him, because Boatright is definitely much better in all aspects of the game. I cant watch Shabazz anymore because his game is awful to watch, and is lack of speed and athleticism is hurting UCONN.

P.S. Daniels should not be the starter over Roscoe. Daniels is not very athletic, is slow footed, has bad lateral quickness, and can't create his own shots. His defense is suspect at best, almost as bad as Oriakhi and Drummond on defense. Roscoe is a great defender(perimeter or post) and brings toughness and energy to the team which is definitely needed. No way should C Calhoun disrespect Roscoe by starting Daniels over him because he was crucial to the national championship team last year, and is a better overall player than Daniels right now. Roscoe is also a better athlete than Daniels, and is not slow footed like Daniels.

Make the changes Calhoun

Reaction Score
Shabazz is an ok player who can score, but he does not have the quickness, athleticism, or shot-making ability of Boatright. Shabazz is a bench player on a national contender team, and the game against UCF proved it. Calhoun is showing too much loyalty in players like him, because Boatright is definitely much better in all aspects of the game. I cant watch Shabazz anymore because his game is awful to watch, and is lack of speed and athleticism is hurting UCONN.

P.S. Daniels should not be the starter over Roscoe. Daniels is not very athletic, is slow footed, has bad lateral quickness, and can't create his own shots. His defense is suspect at best, almost as bad as Oriakhi and Drummond on defense. Roscoe is a great defender(perimeter or post) and brings toughness and energy to the team which is definitely needed. No way should C Calhoun disrespect Roscoe by starting Daniels over him because he was crucial to the national championship team last year, and is a better overall player than Daniels right now. Roscoe is also a better athlete than Daniels, and is not slow footed like Daniels.

Make the changes Calhoun

Couldn't you say the same about starting Boatright over Napier?

Reaction Score
Couldn't you say the same about starting Boatright over Napier?

You could but that would require the sort of logic and consistency we find in those who do not have an agenda.

C

Chief00

No one has seen Boatright play in a major college game - so how can you say he should start over a guy who was a major contributor on a national championship team?

Reaction Score

Make the changes Calhoun

Normally I would laugh at this as a sarcastic post by one of our well repsected posters but instead I laugh thinking this is the "new" Boneyard type poster I guess. Isn't there a way to keep some of these less educated basketball fans off with a pre-test or something? This is becoming a joke!

Reaction Score
No one has seen Boatright play in a major college game - so how can you say he should start over a guy who was a major contributor on a national championship team?

He is a good contributor you right off the bench. He can be off the bench what he was for last year year's team and energy guy who can play some pesky defense and can make an open shot. That being said, Boatright's athleticism, speed, shot-making ability will be the antidote to this team's woes. He can allow UCONN to run which they need to do because they are not good in the half-court and will allow players like Drummond to dominate in the open court. I know we love Shabazz for what he did last year's team off the bench, but we need to be honest about and look at it objectively. Ryan Boatright is better than Shabazz in all facets of the game. Ryan is a starter on a national contender while Shabazz is a backup albeit a very capable backup.

Reaction Score
I'm kind of being hypocritical by responding to this. But can people stop responding to stupid threads? Threads like this and 'This team is awful' are ridiculous and don't even deserve a response. Just let them go away.

Reaction Score
Normally I would laugh at this as a sarcastic post by one of our well repsected posters but instead I laugh thinking this is the "new" Boneyard type poster I guess. Isn't there a way to keep some of these less educated basketball fans off with a pre-test or something? This is becoming a joke!

Are you related to Zack Frazer by any chance?

No but again be honest with yourself. Boatright is a much better player than Napier. Roscoe Smith also right now should be starting over Daniels for the reasons I listed in the post.

Reaction Score
No but again be honest with yourself. Boatright is a much better player than Napier. Roscoe Smith also right now should be starting over Daniels for the reasons I listed in the post.

I am going to reply because, well I don't know why as Harry said but here goes......................Boatright hasn't played a single minute of college hoops yet and you have him better than a guy with a NC and is now averageing about 20 pts a game? Stupid response #1...................the 2nd one has some pop to it even for a dope but remember Roscoe was playing awful early and you aren't at practice. And anyone who thinks Daniels will not be a good player is basically blind or just stupid as hell.................your choice?!?!

But any way welcome to the Boneyard and great introduction!!:(

Reaction Score
The odds of Boatright being better than Shabazz with a full year's championship run under his belt are very, very small. But Boatright gives JC the ability to sit Shabazz when he gets off course, and lets KO have his ear. That's a big plus going forward.

Reaction Score

What are today's lotto numbers? Seriously Shabazz has probably been the Huskies best player so far.

Reaction Score
The odds of Boatright being better than Shabazz with a full year's championship run under his belt are very, very small. But Boatright gives JC the ability to sit Shabazz when he gets off course, and lets KO have his ear. That's a big plus going forward.

Bingo cheddie...............he didn't have that luxury when Shabazz was wandering aimlessly yesterday - now he will. I also believe it will give Shabazz a lot more confidence that he can play harder on the defensive end knowing that foul trouble will not put them in a hole. It seemed to me he was less passionate on D only because he knew foul trouble would cripple the team.

Reaction Score
Aryan husky - I'll repeat the question that's already been asked here. When have you seen Boatright play in a college game so that you can make the statement that he's a better college PG than Napier???

Reaction Score
I am going to reply because, well I don't know why as Harry said but here goes......................Boatright hasn't played a single minute of college hoops yet and you have him better than a guy with a NC and is now averageing about 20 pts a game? Stupid response #1...................the 2nd one has some pop to it even for a dope but remember Roscoe was playing awful early and you aren't at practice. And anyone who thinks Daniels will not be a good player is basically blind or just stupid as hell.................your choice?!?!

But any way welcome to the Boneyard and great introduction!!:(

I am a life-long UCONN fan and I am not some novice to the game.. Everything I said is true and you know it. I have no allegiance or agenda to anyone in particular. All I want to see is UCONN win and dominate every team they play. Like I said before, Ryan is better than Shabazz in all facets to the game speed, athleticism, shot-making ability, creativity. Ryan will prove to be the antidote to the much maligned half court offense run by Shabazz and UCONN so far. UCONN needs to get in the open court and run, and Boatright is perfect for that, and can actually finish around the basket with authority. This will also allow Drummond to blossom further and show his full potential. Keep in mind also that Calhoun has started Daniels ahead of Roscoe at the 3 every game so far even though he is not better than Roscoe right now, and Roscoe was a starter in last year's national championship team unlike Shabazz who was a bench player.

Reaction Score
Aryan husky - I'll repeat the question that's already been asked here. When have you seen Boatright play in a college game so that you can make the statement that he's a better college PG than Napier???

I havent seen him play in a college game but I have seen him play up at Gampel a few times and Napier cannot stay in front of him. He made Napier look slow and bad. This is why Andy Katz was so impressed with him during the summer because Boatright has the same or similar skill set as Kemba. I have nothing against Shabazz as a person, I think he is great person, and a team player. I just think from everything that Boatright will be a better fit and a better player than him.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Like I said before, Ryan is better than Shabazz in all facets to the game speed, athleticism, shot-making ability, creativity.

Based.
On.
What.

Reaction Score
I am a life-long UCONN fan and I am not some novice to the game.. Everything I said is true and you know it. I have no allegiance or agenda to anyone in particular. All I want to see is UCONN win and dominate every team they play. Like I said before, Ryan is better than Shabazz in all facets to the game speed, athleticism, shot-making ability, creativity. Ryan will prove to be the antidote to the much maligned half court offense run by Shabazz and UCONN so far. UCONN needs to get in the open court and run, and Boatright is perfect for that, and can actually finish around the basket with authority. This will also allow Drummond to blossom further and show his full potential. Keep in mind also that Calhoun has started Daniels ahead of Roscoe at the 3 every game so far even though he is not better than Roscoe right now, and Roscoe was a starter in last year's national championship team unlike Shabazz who was a bench player.

Why don't they run? Shabazz? That's funny you can be a lifelong fan all you want but this doean't prove you know anything about basketball. They don't run because they don't rebound and outlet well enough that's why. When they do run they look great and have a few times. Can you tell me the last time you saw Alex throw a two handed outlet to Shabazz at halfcourt? Okay..................

And I love Roscoe and yes he brings toughness and D, rebounding but one thing is for certain he can't dribble more than once, can't create his own shot and can't pass the ball as of yet. Actually quite scary with the ball against a good man-to-man and not a great guy to have in against the zone.

Other than those 2 things everything else you have said has some legitimacy!!

Reaction Score
I find it comical that the two guys that are under fire have been good to dominate(shabazz) for the first 5 games of the season. But after one loss whoever didn't play well is terrible and shouldn't start. I enjoy finding humor in these kinds of posts.

Reaction Score

Make the changes Calhoun
Right. Bench the guy who has been the second best scorer on the team and had a triple double two games ago for a frosh that hast never played a game. You r a troll or simply misguided.

Reaction Score
I havent seen him play in a college game but I have seen him play up at Gampel a few times and Napier cannot stay in front of him. He made Napier look slow and bad. This is why Andy Katz was so impressed with him during the summer because Boatright has the same or similar skill set as Kemba. I have nothing against Shabazz as a person, I think he is great person, and a team player. I just think from everything that Boatright will be a better fit and a better player than him.

Just a thought, Ajou Ajou Deng looked lke the best player on our team during some practices also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom