Boatright comment right on target. From yesterday's Jacobs | The Boneyard

Boatright comment right on target. From yesterday's Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
article about the team's visit to Arlington. They also drove by Reliant Stadium where Kemba and the boys picked up rings and hardware in 2011 :D . And, by the way, in all the years that I've been visiting and posting at one or the other of all of the incarnations of the 'Yard, despite any and all disagreements on tactics, philosophy, recruiting etc.; and, certainly during all of the wonderful times that the program has experienced, when we have a problem to solve, an adversary to overcome and especially when we have a chance to beat up on Puke, Cuse and PeeCee fans(not necessarily in that order), this place always feels like home! :)

"Man, 0-2 on this road trip would be terrible," Boatright said. "Bad in the league. Bad for the record. Bad for the RPI. And flying home with K.O. 0-2 would be terrible. We've got to come out with a win."
Ryan Boatright, "Ollie's Team Visits Site Of Final Four", Jeff Jacobs, Hartford Courant, 1-3-14

GO HUSKIES!!!

husky_qa.jpg-300x200.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He is wrong about one thing. The team wouldn't be flying home. They'd be running backwards, barefoot.

Reaction Score
If this team comes out and is down 15 - 20 points early on then to me these guys did not learn a damn thing from the Houston game. It will be all talk no action. This is a very good SMU team and getting out of here with a W is all going to come down to execution, limited turnovers and of most HEART.

Just my opinion

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Ryan's quotes has me thinking his assist ratio is going down even more as he tries to be the Man.

Nervous about today.

Reaction Score
An 0-2 start in the AAC would be disastrous. I hope I am wrong but I do not see this team coming out of this game with a W. Hell the Houston arena was empty and there was no home court advantage for the Cougars. This game is a sellout and with our Huskies in town it will be a loud and raucous crowd.

How do we respond is the ????????????????

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
article about the team's visit to Arlington. They also drove by Reliant Stadium where Kemba and the boys picked up rings and hardware in 2011 :D . And, by the way, in all the years that I've been visiting and posting at one or the other of all of the incarnations of the 'Yard, despite any and all disagreements on tactics, philosophy, recruiting etc.; and, certainly during all of the wonderful times that the program has experienced, when we have a problem to solve, an adversary to overcome and especially when we have a chance to beat up on Puke, Cuse and PeeCee fans(not necessarily in that order), this place always feels like home! :)

"Man, 0-2 on this road trip would be terrible," Boatright said. "Bad in the league. Bad for the record. Bad for the RPI. And flying home with K.O. 0-2 would be terrible. We've got to come out with a win."
Ryan Boatright, "Ollie's Team Visits Site Of Final Four", Jeff Jacobs, Hartford Courant, 1-3-14

GO HUSKIES!!!

husky_qa.jpg-300x200.jpeg
"There's no place like home". I'm not sure Dorothy would have worked so hard to get back to the Boneyard!:)

I agree with you. There is certainly a great collection of misfits sharing our passions about this program. And it does feel like family albeit a dysfunctional one. From the negative nellies to the Pollyanna's we've got it all covered. Well not all. I'm not sure anyone predicted the post season run in 2010. I love unpredictability when it turns out positive. And I love this forum.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
An 0-2 start in the AAC would be disastrous. I hope I am wrong but I do not see this team coming out of this game with a W. Hell the Houston arena was empty and there was no home court advantage for the Cougars. This game is a sellout and with our Huskies in town it will be a loud and raucous crowd.

I hope they have a better mind set then you!;) It always strikes me as interesting how we are often guilty in doing something which we hate to see others exhibit. Not a rank on you BTW. It's just a vicious loop that many of us are in and can't figure a way out. If the team comes out flat, a possibility but not a certainty, the question we should all ask ourselves first is why that impacts us negatively. If we have a positive mind set, then we should be able to move on after a loss or a teams bad play. In other words, why are we insisting that the team do something that we can't do ourselves?

I'm just as upset after a loss as anyone that demonstrates their anger/frustration in this forum. But sooner or later I realize that I can't change the team, or anyone in this forum. The only person I can change is myself. So I have a choice, be pessimistic and gloomy based on events outside myself I can't control, or try to get myself back into a positive mind set. I choose the latter although it isn't always easy.

Reaction Score

I thought SMU would beat Cinci. Before the season I thought SMU could sneak into the top 3 in the AAC. My yahoo APP has SMU as a 2.5 fav over our BELOVED UConn Huskies! Has Vegas lost their minds! This will be a W for OllieWood & Co. If you are the betting type of guy or gal take the 2.5 and bet the friggid house, kids, grandparents, Benz (in fluedies and mauconn's case lol) and even your HOT Jessica Alba look alike girlfriend! After UConn covers at a minimum and WINS today's game you get all your ASSets back plus your winnings!

This has REBOUND (no pun intended) game written all over it a la the quote by Boatie.

IF UConn doesn't cover at a minimum (although I expect a straight up money line W) then BLUEDOGHOUSE goes into a self inflicted TIMEOUT until March 1, 2014 or beyond. This way some can have a smile on their face even if we lose (which won't happen)!

HUGE game!! We are gonna GET IT!! Go Boat! Love the attitude!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I thought SMU would beat Cinci. Before the season I thought SMU could sneak into the top 3 in the AAC. My yahoo APP has SMU as a 2.5 fav over our BELOVED UConn Huskies! Has Vegas lost their minds! This will be a W for OllieWood & Co. If you are the betting type of guy or gal take the 2.5 and bet the friggid house, kids, grandparents, Benz (in fluedies and mauconn's case lol) and even your HOT Jessica Alba look alike girlfriend! After UConn covers at a minimum and WINS today's game you get all your ASSets back plus your winnings!

This has REBOUND (no pun intended) game written all over it a la the quote by Boatie.

IF UConn doesn't cover at a minimum (although I expect a straight up money line W) then BLUEDOGHOUSE goes into a self inflicted TIMEOUT until March 1, 2014 or beyond. This way some can have a smile on their face even if we lose (which won't happen)!

HUGE game!! We are gonna GET IT!! Go Boat! Love the attitude!
Better punishment is I throw some balloons at you and you still post.

Reaction Score
Ryan's quotes has me thinking his assist ratio is going down even more as he tries to be the Man.

Nervous about today.

Ryan had 9 assists to 1 turnover against Houston and was 8-15 from the field. He was also the only guy who came out ready to play in the first half

Reaction Score
Ryan had 9 assists to 1 turnover against Houston and was 8-15 from the field. He was also the only guy who came out ready to play in the first half

I called it anomaly rather than norm. Have you looked at his other game stats?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I called it anomaly rather than norm. Have you looked at his other game stats?
Way to be an energy vampire. Take a major positive and make it into a negative.

My hope is this is the beginning where we see a lot more of these games from Ryan in the future.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score

Could you wait for an L before the next round of complaints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom