Boatright All Heart, But Needs A Robin | The Boneyard

Boatright All Heart, But Needs A Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Is this team talented? Yes, anyone watching can see the talent in spots but right now we lack an idenity as an entire unit. As you watched last season and the season before you can see parts in place that if tuned correctly, those parts could result in something special. It was indeed special as that unit came together at the right time and came away with a national championship. At this point, I don't feel that with this year's team just yet. I see glimpses but not consistency yet. This definitely is in part that players are in different roles and we lost our outside threat, making it easier for good teams to exploit that and double up Boat in critical areas of the game that UCONN needs to make a run or put the pedal down. I still think there is time but Boatright needs a Robin to his Batman so that this team can make that run. Right now, I don't know who that would be, all options seem gun shy to take a wide open shot and that is a recipe for disaster when the other team is daring you to shoot. UCONN can not simply rely on running the floor for points, someone else needs to step up, but WHO? I really hope the guards coming in can shoot the rock and the wings can as well. Any word on Diamond and his side kick?

Reaction Score
If DHam improves his handle and become less prone to turnovers, he is Robin to Boat as Jeremy to Kemba.
Give it time... he and Facey has been a pleasant surprise for us Uconn Fans.

Reaction Score
Purvis is still auditioning, don't count him out.

pj

Reaction Score
Kentan, Amida, DHam, and Rodney, 4 of 5 starters, have 1 year or less of college experience, and what experience they have wasn't with each other. There is a lot of room for improvement both individually and chemistry wise.

They will learn how to generate high percentage shots. It takes time. In the end, you can only take one shot per possession, so you don't need the whole team to be good at scoring. You just have to reliably be able to create a good shot. Kemba and Shabazz were able to do it by themselves, which gave those teams a lot of leeway to focus on defense. This year we'll need more of a team effort. Luckily the defense is already good, so they can give some practice time to offense.

This is going to be a dangerous team come March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom