Boat/Brimah - Team Captains | The Boneyard

Boat/Brimah - Team Captains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great to hear Brimah stepping up and how he is thought of.

Reaction Score
It might just be the hype but I feel AB is going to have a phenomenal year. It wouldn't surprise me if he plays himself into a high draft pick. Now that it's so close the season can't get here fast enough for me

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
LINK to the Husky Run article in the Courant.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Love seeing Amida finish first! and KO coming in third at 41-years-old. Very impressive. On the other end of the spectrum, expect Lubin to be the first player to "lose it" during the traditional first practice on Saturday. "There won't be many basketballs in the gym," Ollie said. "I'll be able to evaluate what kind of condition they're in..."

Race Times

Amida Brimah 20:22
Omar Calhoun 20:51
Kevin Ollie 21:25
Kentan Facey 21:48
Ryan Boatright 21:50
Terrence Samuel 22:12
Terrance Ditimi 23:07
Jason Pellum 23:11
Dan Guest 23:29
Daniel Hamilton 24:01
Rodney Purvis 25:37
Sam Cassell Jr. 25:38
Malik Sanders 25:42
Phil Nolan 25:46
Nnamdi Amilo 26:40
Rakim Lubin 29:14

Overall winner: Jon Gill, Lyman Hall High School, 18:30

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Hearing that Amida was named captain surprised me and when I look over the roster, the "youth" of this team jumps out at you. If Amida starts, that's 4 new starters, with 3 brand new to playing any or significant minutes at UConn. While this is obvious, I need to remind myself of it because this team will have a lot to learn about playing together as a team. This will be a challenge for Boat as team leader and for the fans to be patient when they go through some rough patches. At the same time, I am really excited about the season starting to see what this new Husky year brings. Let the wild rumpus begin!

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Hearing that Amida was named captain surprised me and when I look over the roster, the "youth" of this team jumps out at you. If Amida starts, that's 4 new starters, with 3 brand new to playing any or significant minutes at UConn. While this is obvious, I need to remind myself of it because this team will have a lot to learn about playing together as a team. This will be a challenge for Boat as team leader and for the fans to be patient when they go through some rough patches. At the same time, I am really excited about the season starting to see what this new Husky year brings. Let the wild rumpus begin!

Yep, and Boat as a returning starter, will be in a new role as well.

Reaction Score
Brimah is a cheerleader (ala Giffey). Kid was always running to pick up a fallen player. Congratulating teammates after a nice play (with that big smile). Hustling his arse off every play. Always playing to be better than the last game. Humble but confident. Never intimidated (think Patrick Young, Montrezl Harrell and those uk monsters) and always seemed to say encouraging things to teammates, especially after a mistake. And most importantly seems to make his teammates feel better on and off the court.

You need that in the leadership department. Good choice!

We are in good hands this season with our Captains.

460x.jpg

Last edited:

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
KO said he's looking to name one more captain...I think a guy like Omar Calhoun would be one of the potential fits as a 3rd captain. Coach raves about his attitude and how great of a teammate he was during last season.

I wouldn't mind seeing Omar rewarded for sticking with it and working hard this off season, it can also serve as a confidence boost and hopefully he can get back on track - we can really use his freshman year 3 point shooting

Reaction Score
KO said he's looking to name one more captain...I think a guy like Omar Calhoun would be one of the potential fits as a 3rd captain. Coach raves about his attitude and how great of a teammate he was during last season.

I wouldn't mind seeing Omar rewarded for sticking with it and working hard this off season, it can also serve as a confidence boost and hopefully he can get back on track - we can really use his freshman year 3 point shooting
I was thinking of Omar myself.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Also might be telling who did not get rave reviews for hustle, or a captaincy. I remain worried about our PF position. Happy with everything else.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I could see Rodney being considered as he has been a great teammate and has been the host of visiting recruits.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
I could see Rodney being considered as he has been a great teammate and has been the host of visiting recruits.
Purvis and Omar seem to be only other real options...can't envision photobombers TSam and Nolan being captain material

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
It does bother me a little that Facey is not even a mention. I hope he is working hard & developing too.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
It does bother me a little that Facey is not even a mention. I hope he is working hard & developing too.
Not mentioned in what?...as a team captain candidate?
Doesn't seem like the captain type, more of the soft spoken kind...doesn't mean he's not working on his craft and getting better. KO referred to him as his 4 man so seems like he's planning on big things from K-Face

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Not just for captain. I would like to hear some words about Facey like we have about Nolan, Brimah, Boat, Calhoun about their working hard/improved/adding muscle/ committing to defense.
I'm probably reading too much into the silence because, I believe, this is our weak spot.

Reaction Score
Not just for captain. I would like to hear some words about Facey like we have about Nolan, Brimah, Boat, Calhoun about their working hard/improved/adding muscle/ committing to defense.
I'm probably reading too much into the silence because, I believe, this is our weak spot.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...is-and-all-the-uco-20141001-story.html#page=1

Sophomores

Kentan Facey

“I’m going to be relying on him. Kentan is going to be our four man. He probably can’t shoot as far out as DeAndre Daniels was able to do his junior year, but Kentan is working on his game, he has a lot of pride. He’s going to come in with a great work ethic, and it’s his time. He sat back and watched last season. When you wait, you’ve still got to work, and that’s what Kentan did.”

Reaction Score
Ollie gave an update on literally every player yesterday. There is no silence for Facey or anyone else.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yeah, I hadn't seen that yet. But not exactly glowing. I hope he is a star. We need him to hold his own.

Reaction Score
the gift that keeps on giving...brotherhood..this dudes a sophomore and hes got the clear cut leader of the team nominating him to be captain. thats high praise. this is excellent because he will learn even quicker how to be a better leader, and next year will take the reigns in the locker room with ease.

I think many people in the country don't understand that a major factor into making that run this past March was because of the true "brotherhood" in the locker room that the players preach about. I'd go so far as to say there wasn't a healthier locker room in the country than ours. This seems to be continuing. I'm not sure if this is Ollie's brilliance (the brotherhood began to be preached when he came around) but I don't know if I've ever seen so much love by teammates displayed publicly like it has with KO.

Do not take the the brotherhood mentality for granted. This makes us extremely strong, and could lead us this year AGAIN.

Great stuff to see.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

While he wasn't technically "the starter" last year, I considered Amida part of the '1st line' so to speak. Sort of like when TO 'started' at the end of his freshman year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom