Blue Lot post-game tailgating | The Boneyard

Blue Lot post-game tailgating

Reaction Score
I haven't stayed too long for post-game tailgating but our group raised the issue for the Tulsa game. My question is how is post-game tailgating handled in the blue lot? How long does LAZ/Event staff allow you to stay before they clear you out? Could use some veteran advice on this one. Thanks

Reaction Score
The "official" stance is: "Tailgating is permitted prior to, and for not more than two hours after on Day Games." My experience is they start hawking you after an hour or so and then CSP starts moving through lots "encouraging" you to wrap up.

Reaction Score
We fired up the grill following the ECU game. We hung around for 90-minutes or so and no one said a word. We weren't drinking after the game so maybe that helped. But, we've found that if you feed the parking staff, they tend to leave you alone. Some of the state troopers were hanging out with various tailgate groups near us after the game. They didn't say anything either. I'm sure they won't let you stay there for more then the 2-hr max, but as long as your not obnoxious they probably don't care. We also make it look like we're breaking everything from the tailgate down, just very, very, slowly.

Reaction Score
Over the years we've had several different experiences - like everything else at the Rent with staff, it feels like it's an arbitrary decision by them. We've both gotten shuffled along quickly, and have been allowed to stay a good hour+ with grill blazing.

edit: Also - agree with above poster, we make it look like we're kinda-sorta breaking down the tailgate, just that it takes an long, long, l o n g time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I always have fun, but have always still wondered the fascination with tailgating. You spend hours prepping food, pack everything up and stick it in your truck. Drive to a big open field, park, take everything out of the car and unpack it, sit around and eat for a few hours, clean up and pack everything up stick it back in your car. Strange

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I always have fun, but have always still wondered the fascination with tailgating. You spend hours prepping food, pack everything up and stick it in your truck. Drive to a big open field, park, take everything out of the car and unpack it, sit around and eat for a few hours, clean up and pack everything up stick it back in your car. Strange

Hanging outside with family, friends and fellow fans while drinking, eating and laughing? Bizarre!

Reaction Score
It can be simplified too. We've done involved menus, but have also just stopped at Subway for grinders, chips and something easy for dessert like cookies. On a nice fall day its great to be outside chowing and talking.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Communist

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I like you. I hope you stick around and don't completely fall off the rails.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You spend HOURS buying burgers and rolls?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

You spend HOURS buying burgers and rolls?

image.jpg

I guess it's possible.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Haha don’t you have a wagon to gather ‘round?
Labor of love amigo. And now that Tulsa comin' to town after a bog W?
Absolutely.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom