Bloojay ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Bloojay ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Apparently, JoeyC's play early on in the season may have been a bit of a mirage. Early on (through the PKI) 14 of 23 from three. Last 6 games 3 of 16.
  2. The Sanogo we love is back.
  3. At the half, we have 5 blocks to their 2, 4 steals to their zip, 1 turnover to their 8 and a 6 to 3 advantage in dimes. But we are being badly outrebounded, 22 to 14.
  4. I think I need another cup of mojo coffee to start the 2nd half.
  5. Newton contributing quite a bit today.
  6. 5 minutes into the 2nd half, our 7 point lead is down to 1.
  7. And now we're down one.
  8. At 9:42, we have our 7 point lead back.
  9. Nursing a 9 point lead, Sanogo rebounded Alexander's miss with 3:18 left, and we pretty much maintained possession for 1:58 before Newton made 2 FTs. Creighton did get possession for a half dozen seconds, but Kalkbrenner turned it over sliding and rolling with the ball after Sanogo poked it away from him before they got into their offense. Newton's rebound of Hawk's missed three at about 2:18 was key. We didn't rebound well today, but that one was timely and then Jackson dealt a crushing blow to the birds when he tipped the next miss out to Newton at mid-court. All about foul shooting for us after that.
  10. Loved Hurley screaming at the team to RUN to the other end after Sanogo was fouled with 24 seconds left.
  11. If I hadn't watched the game, and someone told me we got outrebounded by FIFTEEN, I would have never guessed we won.
  12. Remember before the season when a lot of yarders were questioning how Adama would do against Kalkbrenner? Well, there's your answer.
  13. Can't give POG to anyone but Sanogo, but Newton had a heck of a game to come in 2nd in my book. 13 points, 4 boards, a dime, a steal and a couple blocks. locks. Seemed to me like he thwarted a number of Creighton's offensive efforts in ways that don't show on the stat sheet as well.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
  1. Apparently, JoeyC's play early on in the season may have been a bit of a mirage. Early on (through the PKI) 14 of 23 from three. Last 6 games 3 of 16.
  3. At the half, we have 5 blocks to their 2, 4 steals to their zip, 1 turnover to their 8 and a 6 to 3 advantage in dimes. But we are being badly outrebounded, 22 to 14.
  9. Nursing a 9 point lead, Sanogo rebounded Alexander's miss with 3:18 left, and we pretty much maintained possession for 1:58 before Newton made 2 FTs. Creighton did get possession for a half dozen seconds, but Kalkbrenner turned it over sliding and rolling with the ball after Sanogo poked it away from him before they got into their offense. Newton's rebound of Hawk's missed three at about 2:18 was key. We didn't rebound well today, but that one was timely and then Jackson dealt a crushing blow to the birds when he tipped the next miss out to Newton at mid-court. All about foul shooting for us after that.
  10. Loved Hurley screaming at the team to RUN to the other end after Sanogo was fouled with 24 seconds left.
  11. If I hadn't watched the game, and someone told me we got outrebounded by FIFTEEN, I would have never guessed we won.
  12. Remember before the season when a lot of yarders were questioning how Adama would do against Kalkbrenner? Well, there's your answer.
  13. Can't give POG to anyone but Sanogo, but Newton had a heck of a game to come in 2nd in my book. 13 points, 4 boards, a dime, a steal and a couple blocks. locks. Seemed to me like he thwarted a number of Creighton's offensive efforts in ways that don't show on the stat sheet as well.

5. Newton got abused on D for the first 30 minutes of the game. Diarra was able to cut the head off the snake. Donnie Marshall correctly said Newton has been getting beat by his man badly on straight up dribble penetration plays. Similar to how Cole would get worked over last year. But Newton is much taller, has a longer wing span and is more athletic than Cole but results have been the same. Opposing team's PG can dribble drive against UConn PG. Diarra doesn't let that happen.

Reaction Score
5. Newton got abused on D for the first 30 minutes of the game. Diarra was able to cut the head off the snake. Donnie Marshall correctly said Newton has been getting beat by his man badly on straight up dribble penetration plays. Similar to how Cole would get worked over last year. But Newton is much taller, has a longer wing span and is more athletic than Cole but results have been the same. Opposing team's PG can dribble drive against UConn PG. Diarra doesn't let that happen.
Newtown looks like he plays too high on defense. Would love to see him get down in a more athletic stance

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Joey C has a totally different 3 point shot right now. He's out of rhythm, his shot is flat and fast, he's just flinging it.

He just doesn't have the same confidence or patience with it.
He is still over 43% for the season

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if McDermott lets Kalkbrenner go mano a mano with Adama when we play them in Nebraska. I think he will get him some help, then along comes Donovan and maybe just maybe a healthy Samson

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Not "Bloojays".

"Barrels".

Crate 'n Barrels

Reaction Score
Joey C has a totally different 3 point shot right now. He's out of rhythm, his shot is flat and fast, he's just flinging it.

Agreed. I have this shoot to take vs shoot to make theory. His shots recently have struck me as the first variety and a bit forced.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
  1. Remember before the season when a lot of yarders were questioning how Adama would do against Kalkbrenner? Well, there's your answer.
By my recollection, Kalkbrenner was questioned on media day and offered his opinion:

He thought that he was better than Sanogo. He was not.

Reaction Score
Taller yes but more athletic i don't think so. Cole was definitely quicker and stayed in front of his man better. I'm glad Diarra can spell him on defense.

Reaction Score

No question. I recall thinking earlier in season that he had a serious arc on his shot. Much flatter now. He looked smooth in early shoot around today though, probably made 9 of 10 threes he hoisted. He will regain the touch soon. Impressive display. Just needs to see a couple go through in games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom