Blog: Praise for the Three Amigos from Nia Coffey | The Boneyard

Blog: Praise for the Three Amigos from Nia Coffey

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"I knew Mo (Moriah) Jefferson, Morgan Tuck and Breanna Stewart (who were all a part of Connecticut’s 2013 NCAA Championship team) from watching them on TV, but I had not met them before we started training camp. It’s been great getting to know everyone, especially those three, because they are just such good teammates and leaders and I am learning a ton from them. I’m really excited to bring a lot of things that I’ve learned from them back to Northwestern, which will help me get ready for college."

LINK

HGN

Reaction Score
"I knew Mo (Moriah) Jefferson, Morgan Tuck and Breanna Stewart (who were all a part of Connecticut’s 2013 NCAA Championship team) from watching them on TV, but I had not met them before we started training camp. It’s been great getting to know everyone, especially those three, because they are just such good teammates and leaders and I am learning a ton from them. I’m really excited to bring a lot of things that I’ve learned from them back to Northwestern, which will help me get ready for college."

LINK
Thanks Pap..........Nice read from Nia. Sounds like 'The 3 Amigos' have made a good impression on Nia and the squad as a whole. I am most impressed with the fact that Nia stated that she has learned how to be more of a leader from them. Which shows that the 3 all have exhibited their leadership skills. I am hoping that A'ja Wilson has been just as impressed with the UConn products as Nia has.

Reaction Score
PAP (Premier Article Poster): I thought this was a very interesting post and am surprised it hasn't generated more comment. What seems most powerful about the article is that the girl being quoted is only one year behind our three players; yet she clearly looks up to them as models, almost as if they were seniors and/or teachers.

I'm also struck by the way she views them almost as a package, rather than singling out one or another for the traits she mentions. Impressive and speaks, yet again, to the recruiting talents of our coaches.

Even the particular attributes she selects (leaders, TEAMmates, tutors) seem eye-opening, especially since she is talking about our entire class of soon-to-be sophs. Plus, the little bit I've learned about Nia (including her choice of colleges), makes me think she is a pretty astute kid, not easily impressed. Thanks for another fine link.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I hope Wilson is liking what she sees from the 3 Amigos and wants to rename it to the Feared Foursome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom