Blessing In Disguise | The Boneyard

Blessing In Disguise

Reaction Score
Bouk being out forced Bouk’s supporting cast to grow up. And they did. NOW we have a team. Also with Bouks injury I’m kind of glad the Nova game is postponed. I want both squads to be loaded up and healthy for that matchup. Let Go Huskies! We Byke! Top 25 Bound!!!!!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Someone posted elsewhere that we played better tonight than we would have with Bouk. I agree. Instead of standing around waiting to see what Bouk would do, these guys all took initiative. Now they know what they are capable of. Once he comes back, look out. Add in Akok, and wow. We are back!

Also, a buddy of mine (who is also a huge fan) said he hopes we aren't ranked Monday because he wants the team to play offended and with a chip on their shoulder. I want that ranking, and feel like we deserve it, but he may be on to something there. Does a ranking hurt the team's psyche? Would not being ranked do wonders for our hunger?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
It's good Polley is stepping up but Bouk's injury has me nervous so I definitely don't see it as a blessing unless Bouk is back soon. Without Bouk vs good teams I don't love our chances.
I don't foresee it being a long-term injury. He went back into the game the other night, so it can't be that bad. And wasn't he a late scratch today?

I will say that I hope it's not one of those instances where the guy is like "I have a draft spot locked up, why risk it?" Although Bouk doesn't seem like that type, and really wants in on this season, you never know.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
1610242129588.png

Always trust a good Pulley.

Reaction Score
Someone posted elsewhere that we played better tonight than we would have with Bouk. I agree. Instead of standing around waiting to see what Bouk would do, these guys all took initiative. Now they know what they are capable of. Once he comes back, look out. Add in Akok, and wow. We are back!

Also, a buddy of mine (who is also a huge fan) said he hopes we aren't ranked Monday because he wants the team to play offended and with a chip on their shoulder. I want that ranking, and feel like we deserve it, but he may be on to something there. Does a ranking hurt the team's psyche? Would not being ranked do wonders for our hunger?
I think seeing some recognition would be good this year. Our D has been pretty good. We work hard on the boards. Once we’re ranked we can climb.

Reaction Score
I think seeing some recognition would be good this year. Our D has been pretty good. We work hard on the boards. Once we’re ranked we can climb.
Our defenders have unbelievable length defending the perimeter. It makes it really hard for opponents to get the ball to the open man and puts us in great position to trap. That's been the most impressive thing I've seen. I also like the slimmed down version of Carlton. The extra weight he carried was detrimental.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Your best player hurt is never a blessing. I think John Wooden said that.

Reaction Score

For a program that has struggled to be relevant at any time in the last 6 years, we will absolutely take the ranking.

Reaction Score
For a program that has struggled to be relevant at any time in the last 6 years, we will absolutely take the ranking.
Ranking is always good for building a team's self-confidence. There is always the motivation to work hard and try to get ranked higher. Coach will focus on that..

Reaction Score
Being ranked will be nice, but I think we all know a “hungry husky” team that feels slighted is never a bad thing

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
Bouk being out forced Bouk’s supporting cast to grow up. And they did. NOW we have a team. Also with Bouks injury I’m kind of glad the Nova game is postponed. I want both squads to be loaded up and healthy for that matchup. Let Go Huskies! We Byke! Top 25 Bound!!!!!
Totally agree, this only helps bouk as well, please over guard bouk and leave Martin or Polley open at three, open the middle for adama and whaley, bouks got vision hell see his teammates open, he'll also see when he can take over, were in a very exciting position.

Reaction Score
I don't foresee it being a long-term injury. He went back into the game the other night, so it can't be that bad. And wasn't he a late scratch today?

I will say that I hope it's not one of those instances where the guy is like "I have a draft spot locked up, why risk it?" Although Bouk doesn't seem like that type, and really wants in on this season, you never know.
The way Hurley runs his program and culture, it prevents thoughts like that from popping into players heads. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
The way Hurley runs his program and culture, it prevents thoughts like that from popping into players heads. Just my opinion.
Agree. I also dont see Bouk as having that mindset. That kid wants to play, compete and win. With our defense and rebounding if Polley stays consistent and Cole plays to the level hes capable of (seems to be a little unsure offensively) and finds his shot look out. A good backcourt rebounding and defense wins titles.

Reaction Score
Can’t expect Polley to keep at this pace but who do we want taking those shots? Him and Bouk.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom