Blaudschun Covering All Bases | The Boneyard

Blaudschun Covering All Bases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just a guess, but I think ACC will go big, rather than small, with an expansion move from 13 to 16 with UConn and Louisville both receiving invitations along with a mystery school–Cincinnati, UCF, USF?). The Big Ten is finished for now, but that may only be temporary. A 16 team set up is definitely a possibility….
http://ajerseyguy.com/

LouA@Big_Loubowski
@blauds Happy thanksgiving.Any info on Big 10 interest in BC and/or UConn to expand into New England?

33mmark blaudschun@blauds
@Big_Loubowski Its there, but not right away. wait a week

7:29 AM - 24 Nov 12 · Details
11mLouA@Big_Loubowski
@blauds Thanks for the reply.Is the interest in both schools?

34mmark blaudschun@blauds
@davepim02780 is on their list

Reaction Score
I disagree, I don't think ACC will destroy decades of excellence by taking 3 crappy academic schools in Ville, Cincy and say USF.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm not sure of too much anymore with this stuff. But there is no way the ACC is adding USF or UCF as long as Florida State is in the league.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
God that most recent post is so clueless about how television works it's hard to believe. Shame on NESN? NESN is somehow supposed to influence what games ESPN keeps as ESPN3 exclusive games?

Reaction Score
Stopped taking this seriously after I read "Just a guess".

Reaction Score
To cut through blogger speculation, here's an interview from July, 2012 with Mark Silverman, the guy at the Big 10 who started and runs the Big 10 network.

In it he bemoans the lack of carriage of the BTN in only one place, eastern Pennsylvania. So there goes Pitt's chance at ever joining the Big 10. Pitt does nothing for Philly. The two closest schools, Rutgers and Maryland fill that gap nicely.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:mqwZhwwxcyQJ:grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/big10/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2012-13/misc_non_event/BigTenMD14.pdf mark silverman big 10&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjFQoGH1onDvwl0-hCNNNC8nKd0OdgJSQMa9vOU_jP3fjVSZsW-4U6zPNUrO24rcu_zraZ-ccrh7GbSnutGuauRgTG4L_nur823z5w5WyNVFhxuAWvAHD6mGzs4H1y0oA-hOX_c&sig=AHIEtbSvQeeVhW6Zf81_06d69BvUMOdo-w

Now when Delaney spoke about NYC, he knows that Rutgers doesn't do it for NY. There will never be a time when subscribers wil have to fork over money to pay to watch Rutgers anywhere north of New Jersey.

The Big 10 Network is predicated on "footprint" networks, that is subscribers willing to pay to watch. It has been a hard sell in Philly, even with PSU.

Name a team that has a passion to have to watch a slew of hometown team games, and has the history to prove it?

Remember, when the Big 10 Network left SNY and went in house, UConn was tapped to fill the void. And fill it they did, to the extent that sNY added a separate feed just for CT.

Syracuse doesn't have that ability.

And I really believe that neither does UVA (elitist university fighting with wvu, va tech and Maryland). Same goes for UNC.

UConn and Connecticut fit the protypical Big 10 "footprint" state.

And UConn conveniently is along with Rutgers and Penn state, the next largest following ed team in NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom