Blauds -> NORTHERN EXPOSURE: UConn FB Diagnosis? Terminal | The Boneyard

Blauds -> NORTHERN EXPOSURE: UConn FB Diagnosis? Terminal

Reaction Score
Geez. All he did was summarize small snippets of what's been posted here. I still don't get why UConn has to pay an entrance fee. If anything, the NBE should ante up.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It’s an easy obvious thing to say now. UConn is going a non traditional way. That makes people who look backward uncomfortable.

UConn had no option. They had no future in the AAC. So they did something about it. Who knows if it will work. Minimally it should save the basketball brands. But with the changes in how people watch things, there are creative opportunities out there to generate revenue.

I like that UConn is taking a risk. Because the path they were on wasn’t leading to success or prosperity.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s an easy obvious thing to say now. UConn is going a non traditional way. That makes people who look backward uncomfortable.

UConn had no option. They had no future in the AAC. So they did something about it. Who knows if it will work. Minimally it should save the basketball brands. But with the changes in how people watch things, there are creative opportunities out there to generate revenue.

I like that UConn is taking a risk. Because the path they were on wasn’t leading to success or prosperity.
This.

The good thing is that is we can make it work after all the media negativism, we get a narrative of beating the odds.

Still..

Reaction Score

Shaky this was the smartest post in a long time on the Boneyard. I am not sure why other people can't see this as easily as you.

Reaction Score

Then again you have UConn cheerleader, Mark Blowscrum calling UConn football terminal. Mind you ONLY UConn. Hey Blowscrum, "is UMass terminal?".........."I don't know"........"how about New Mexico State?" ..........."BYU"?........."Army?"

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It is worth noting that about 45 P5 schools would be in deep trouble financially if the current conference model changed, so it probably isn't too hard for a reporter to find Ad's that are virulently opposed to independents.

Reaction Score
It is also difficult to find ADs who love being independent other than at Notre Dame and, maybe, Army.

BYU is on record that they want to be in a major conference.

Reaction Score
Then again you have UConn cheerleader, Mark Blowscrum calling UConn football terminal. Mind you ONLY UConn. Hey Blowscrum, "is UMass terminal?"....."I don't know"..."how about New Mexico State?" ......"BYU"?...."Army?"
guessing you didn't read the article. He was pretty clear that BYU and Army weren't due to national recognition

Reaction Score
guessing you didn't read the article. He was pretty clear that BYU and Army weren't due to national recognition
No I did read it, he says nothing about UMass or NM St being "terminal", he only chose to write about UConn. He also poo-poos UCONN success in football just a few years ago, bowls, conference titles, facilities, etc. The number of top coaches who started their careers at UConn (Rob Ambrose, Joe Morehead, Todd Orlando, etc). It was a hatchet job blog post by a very bitter man. National recognition is given only by those who want to give it. Blowscrum doesn't. Did not touch at all on 22 national championships in all sports, something BYU or Army could not even dream about.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It is also difficult to find ADs who love being independent other than at Notre Dame and, maybe, Army.

BYU is on record that they want to be in a major conference.
BYU can join a conference inside the next 16 seconds if they wanted. About 65 schools are on record that they want to be in a major conference.

Reaction Score
BYU can join a conference inside the next 16 seconds if they wanted. About 65 schools are on record that they want to be in a major conference.

No they can't join a major (P5) though....Big 12 didn't want anybody....who else would you consider MAJOR?

The B1G ain't offering, nor the SEC or ACC......the PAC? Nope.

BYU is on the outside wanting in to a P5....their AD is on the record as awaiting 2023 and after.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
No they can't....Big 12 didn't want anybody....who else would you consider MAJOR?

The B1G ain't offering, nor the SEC or ACC.the PAC? Nope.

BYU is on the outside wanting in to a P5....their AD is on the record as awaiting 2023 and after.
Re-read your original post.

Your first sentence states that BYU probably doesn't like being an Indy program. They don't have to be. BYU could smooth over their MWC break up and thereby cease being Independent.

Regarding the second sentence: other than ND, who has actual CFP access while being an independent program, every non-P5 program would jump at P5 conference invite. Not just BYU.

It was a, "no crap, Sherlock," post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom