blast from the past--UW vs. Stanford from '13-'14 | The Boneyard

blast from the past--UW vs. Stanford from '13-'14

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Just saw the 2nd half of an old game being shown on Pac 12 Network. That was interesting. Stanford was #3, 22-1 w/ a 21 game win streak. The lone loss was to...UConn. UW got the big upset, harbinger of good things to come in Neighbors' first year as head coach.

Stanford had Chiney, Bonnie and Karlie (as a freshman, she looked soooooo young), Amber Orrange, Lili Thompson, Michaela Ruef, Taylor Greenfield, Erica McCall (riding the bench).

Huskies had a freshman Plum (already really good) and Osahor (not so good as a freshman), Aminah Williams, Talia Walton, Mercedes Wetmore, Jaz Davis.

Apparently it was UW's first win over a top 5 team since 1990, also against Stanford.

The game was originally aired on ESPNU. Roslyn Gold-Onwude (former Stanford player) and some guy I didn't recognize were on the call. I saw Elise Woodward courtside w/ a headset on, maybe she was doing radio broadcast for UW at the time.

Anyway it was fun watching. UW hasn't beaten Stanford very often over the years, but they get them every now and then. Pac 12 Network was showing the game because the teams are meeting this week, Friday night.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Just saw the 2nd half of an old game being shown on Pac 12 Network. That was interesting. Stanford was #3, 22-1 w/ a 21 game win streak. The lone loss was to...UConn. UW got the big upset, harbinger of good things to come in Neighbors' first year as head coach.

Stanford had Chiney, Bonnie and Karlie (as a freshman, she looked soooooo young), Amber Orrange, Lili Thompson, Michaela Ruef, Taylor Greenfield, Erica McCall (riding the bench).

Huskies had a freshman Plum (already really good) and Osahor (not so good as a freshman), Aminah Williams, Talia Walton, Mercedes Wetmore, Jaz Davis.

Apparently it was UW's first win over a top 5 team since 1990, also against Stanford.

The game was originally aired on ESPNU. Roslyn Gold-Onwude (former Stanford player) and some guy I didn't recognize were on the call. I saw Elise Woodward courtside w/ a headset on, maybe she was doing radio broadcast for UW at the time.

Anyway it was fun watching. UW hasn't beaten Stanford very often over the years, but they get them every now and then. Pac 12 Network was showing the game because the teams are meeting this week, Friday night.
If only this year’s meeting were as interesting as that game was. Sigh

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If only this year’s meeting were as interesting as that game was. Sigh

I might go see the carnage first hand. I've seen Stanford when they come to town quite a few times over the years, dating back to Nicole Powell's time.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
If only Neighbors had actually used this game as a launching pad to RECRUIT players to come to UW and maybe they would not be so abysmal now...Head bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom