Blake Griffin Breaks Hands on Clippers' Staffer's Face | The Boneyard

Blake Griffin Breaks Hands on Clippers' Staffer's Face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Expect this to get interesting.

Griffin has been out since December with a quadricep injury.

He and a staffer are at a restaurant in Toronto, Griffin gets ticked off and hits him, staffer goes outside, Griffin follows and hits him again. Broken hand, out a few more weeks.

Both sent back to LA.

I'm not Sherlock Holmes or Matlock but the list of things that triggers emotions that strong is pretty short. I don't know which way the story goes, but it's not fading away any time soon.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...njured-hand-fight-member-team-equipment-staff

According to the sources, Griffin and the equipment staffer got into an argument in a restaurant during the team's trip to Toronto. Griffin hit the man, who then left the restaurant and went outside. Griffin followed him outside and hit him again.

Griffin suffered a suspected fracture in his hand in the incident, sources told ESPN's Marc Stein and Ramona Shelburne early Tuesday morning.

The equipment staffer's face was injured, sources told Eaves. Both Griffin and the equipment staffer were sent home after the incident.

Sources told ESPN that the hand injury is expected to keep Griffin out "a matter of weeks, as opposed to days."

Reaction Score
90 percent of nba fights are about gambling debts or females....because of the massive disparity between blake's and the staffer's salary, I'm pretty sure this fight is about a female

Reaction Score
Staffer & Blake are reportedly really tight. So either this is a lover's quarrel, or two dudes fighting about the same female.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score

Arash Markazi reports: For what it's worth: Griffin is good friends with this staff member. They routinely hang out off the court at home and on the road.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Staffer soon to be unemployed

Not if staffer gets a lawyer. This is pretty easy as I doubt he was the aggressor. Not to mention a suit against Griffin.

Reaction Score
Not if staffer gets a lawyer. This is pretty easy as I doubt he was the aggressor. Not to mention a suit against Griffin.

EDIT: staffer files lawsuit or accepts out of court settlement and retires

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Expect this to get interesting. I'm not Sherlock Holmes or Matlock but the list of things that triggers emotions that strong is pretty short. I don't know which way the story goes, but it's not fading away any time soon.
Goodbye good guy Griffin image.

Good guy image? The guy's a . He pulls the "I'm better than you" card and has allegedly even hit people before.

Blake Griffin Chokes dude out

According to a statement Daniel gave to Tao security, the man says Blake (who was partying at the club with his L.A. Clippers teammates) was bothered by the flash of the camera -- and "grabbed my phone with one hand."

Daniel says he didn't let go of the phone because his ID and credit card were attached to it -- so Blake grabbed his neck and began to squeeze while demanding Daniel give up his phone "or else."

According to the statement, the two eventually separated after Blake took the phone -- and when Daniel tried to ask for it back, Blake struck again ... grabbing his neck and squeezing for a second time.

Daniel says when security finally got to the scene -- Blake told them, "Get him the duckk out of this club."

Daniel says Blake then "slapped me in the right side of my face."

Then there's this for a team athletic trainer:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I heard the staffer let Jeff Adrien take a joyride in Blake's Kia Optima.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
To be fair, i'm 47 years old and I would still do this to one of my buddies and laugh.

Oh, absolutely. Probably try to hold his head down as long as possible while he struggled to get out of it. At then brace for the inevitable retaliation.

Time and place though. This likely isn't the guy who he got in a fight with, or necessarily his friend. Don't embarrass someone professionally in front of national TV. I mean, I certainly wouldn't push my buddies' head down in the middle of a meeting or anything. And that's not even being viewed by millions. Think of the children! kidding

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think that Griffin's lack of playing himself into the upper tier of NBA stardom has taken it's toll
He came into the league branded as the next coming of God but I remember in college, his best attribute was the power slam and he played some good defense
I don't think he will become the league's next Cousins but stuff like this just doesn't sit right

Reaction Score
Staffer soon to be unemployed
Yes he will get fired for breaking Griffin's hand with his face. He will then be getting a lot more money after he lawyers up and gets paid to keep his mouth shut. Or claims permanent damage and goes after the big bucks.
He may never have to load another Maytag...

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
http://www.si.com/nba/2016/01/26/los-angeles-clippers-blake-griffin-hand-injury-news

“A situation among friends escalated and I regret the way I handled myself towards someone I care about,” Griffin wrote in a statement on Twitter. “I want to apologize to the Clippers organization, my teammates and the fans for creating a distraction.” Griffin also added that he and the team are working on a resolution.

The team confirmed Griffin’s injury in a statement released by owner Steve Ballmer and President of Basketball Operations and head coach Doc Rivers. According to the statement, Griffin underwent surgery on his hand Tuesday morning. Looking at a 4-6 week recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom