Blacked out | The Boneyard

Blacked out

Reaction Score
Hi, anyone know why suddenly in lower NH the Uconn games are blacked out on ESPN3? Im on Dish TV.

Reaction Score
The blackout area makes no sense. Why does it (fortunately!) go around central MA. Only consolation I can offer is the replay should be available (not blacked out) about 1/2 hour after the game.

Reaction Score
Have been blacked out in N NH for last three games. Have Time Warner who was recently purchased by Spectrum. ESPN says blackout caused by Provider. Provider blames SNY or the League? Can't find a phone # for SNY. Any ideas???

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I'm blocked out in Northern Vermont
Insane!
Thankfully home in Gotham. :)

Reaction Score
A very simple bypass to the blackout is to get a VPN app on your tablet, phone, or computer. For example, I use "Hola", an extension on google chrome. Enable the extension and it allows you to browse from any location you wish. Its free and I've been able to watch every blacked out game on ESPN3 for the past two plus years. Its incredibly user friendly.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
A very simple bypass to the blackout is to get a VPN app on your tablet, phone, or computer. For example, I use "Hola", an extension on google chrome. Enable the extension and it allows you to browse from any location you wish. Its free and I've been able to watch every blacked out game on ESPN3 for the past two plus years. Its incredibly user friendly.
Thanks! First time I've been blacked out by Watch ESPN. Hola worked great!

Reaction Score
Games on SNY are blacked out of areas where SNY is available on a cable system.

Reaction Score
SNY is available only through Direct TV i think in southern NH. If that makes a difference, I don't know. Never happened last year though. I will say Dish customer service is nil. I think when I called the girl was surfing the web, eating lunch, or doing her nails while I waited for her to speak to me. I kept saying "are you still there?". Maybe she was just Googling for her answers.

Reaction Score
ESPN3 went down with 3 minutes to go in the second quarter .... Called Mediacom and they changed my ports... but NG..they said all was OK on their end and my modem was screaming ... but the feed from ESPN 0r whomever is the subcontractor did not look too hot...seems the bandwidth was very narrow which accounts for the darker picture/loss of contrast/ fuzzy images...
And if your looking at a 70" screen it going to be like old VHS 2 generation video tape. at 240 lines not like the 1080 we enjoy today.
I think UConn is missing the boat by not launching there own national cable/satellite package, Harriet and I talked about this before the roof fell-in on CPTV.......Every High School coach in the country would subscribe, plus the fans of America's Team....
And if you want to build your football recruiting program here is the door opener...
Oh well lets throw a $10.00 bill into the hat, hire Harriet, and launch the "UConn Bone Yard Channel" ....

Reaction Score
SNY is available only through Direct TV i think in southern NH. If that makes a difference, I don't know. Never happened last year though. I will say Dish customer service is nil. I think when I called the girl was surfing the web, eating lunch, or doing her nails while I waited for her to speak to me. I kept saying "are you still there?". Maybe she was just Googling for her answers.
It's on Comcast in Southern NH on a non HD channel 128 if you have Sports Package.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
ESPN3 went down with 3 minutes to go in the second quarter .... Called Mediacom and they changed my ports... but NG..they said all was OK on their end and my modem was screaming ... but the feed from ESPN 0r whomever is the subcontractor did not look too hot...seems the bandwidth was very narrow which accounts for the darker picture/loss of contrast/ fuzzy images...
And if your looking at a 70" screen it going to be like old VHS 2 generation video tape. at 240 lines not like the 1080 we enjoy today.
I think UConn is missing the boat by not launching there own national cable/satellite package, Harriet and I talked about this before the roof fell-in on CPTV..Every High School coach in the country would subscribe, plus the fans of America's Team....
And if you want to build your football recruiting program here is the door opener...
Oh well lets throw a $10.00 bill into the hat, hire Harriet, and launch the "UConn Bone Yard Channel" ....
you reaching... if the football and Men's teams were on top of the world it would be possible BUT not just the Womens alone, they don't hold that much weight in the sports world. Lets be happy with what we have.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
glad I live in Hartford, still have Comcast CABLE with all the channels... yeah it cost but its stress-free for me

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom