BJ Taylor, preseason POY | The Boneyard

BJ Taylor, preseason POY

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If these cat is AAC POY I may just quit watching basketball. He plays like it’s football and nothing about his game speaks to me “good basketball player.” When you look at the skill level difference between Jalen and him it’s laughable. He gets half his points from the line, not a great 3 pt shooter, and only averages 2 boards and 2 dimes. Not saying Jalen should be POY because we all know how up and down he is and we’re a middle of the pack team but if we finish above .500 he should get some looks. It’ll probably be Cumberland who is basically just a taller BJ Taylor. I just don’t see the hype on this guy.

Reaction Score
I said it before. , BJ was so hyped up as a frosh and sophomore but he was always injured. Now he’s healthy and I don’t see what’s so great about him. He just bullies himself into lane and gets the foul call every time He’s not that good

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I said it before. , BJ was so hyped up as a frosh and sophomore but he was always injured. Now he’s healthy and I don’t see what’s so great about him. He just bullies himself into lane and gets the foul call every time He’s not that good

Uh if only Jalen could get a foul call everytime... if only he had that skillset..

Reaction Score
Jalen is as good a POY candidate as anyone else this year. If UConn was one of the top 3 teams in the conference he'd probably be right there. If we had better players at 3-5 he probably would also be POY. These two problems are related...

Reaction Score
He's very good. he has a great floater, draws fouls and if he doesn't get fouled he gets the shot he wants. They are a boring team to watch though.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Jalen is second behind Cumberland rn imo. Winning will push Cumberland over the edge, even though I think Cumberland is better as well.

Reaction Score
He gets half his points from the line, not a great 3 pt shooter

He made 39% of his 3's last year and 38% this year on 4-5 attempts per game.

Maybe you can say that's not "great", but that's certainly good enough to mean he's not one dimensional.

Reaction Score
Jalen is second behind Cumberland rn imo. Winning will push Cumberland over the edge, even though I think Cumberland is better as well.

I'd agree hands down. I saw yesterday on Espn's insider he was listed as in the top 20 this year on their 25 best players list. It's interesting as i don't think he was on their preseason top 100. Must be a math issue. lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom