Biz Golf Advice-Suggestions | The Boneyard

Biz Golf Advice-Suggestions

Reaction Score
Have biz trip to Honda Classic Thurs/Fri .. 17th Hole Sky Box Corp Suite- Biz networking/building relationships ,etc. Food/beverages-You guys know the drill. My challenge/problem.. Biz golf--Sat AM tee times with 4 foursomes mostly made up of Fla residents and/or Fla Snowbirds from Northeast who all play a lot of golf.. They range in talent from single digit to mid-handicappers-- Blue/white tees. Course we're playing on has a slope from Black/blue combo tees of 141..Blues-139..Whites-126.

My dilemma-Am a bogey golfer (on a good day) from whites.. Haven't picked up a club in 4 months nor will I have an opportunity before Sat tee time to hit balls. Quite possible the first full swing golf shot of 2022 is on 1st hole. If you were in my shoes- How do you handle/manage your round and not have the wheels fall off??Simplify swing thoughts-Play by feel?

Any input/advice from the experienced golfers on the Yard is appreciated. More nervous about this than the outcome of the Nova game!

Reaction Score
Been there. Done that. You’re pretty much screwed. The only advice I can give you is play quickly, so you’re not holding people up with extra shots, and don’t show any frustration. An extra shot a hole played with good attitude isn’t going to ruin anyone else’s round.

Reaction Score
If your not familiar playing on Bermuda grass, I would try to practice some beforehand. if possible.

Reaction Score
Maybe it’s my mindset of not expecting much (and I am happy to be in a warm place in the winter playing golf) but I typically play very well in those situations. Relax and enjoy the setting. And if your not playing well keep the pace as mentioned above.

Reaction Score
I often find my first 9 holes after a long layoff are really good. Not trying to do much and just swinging easy. Then I think....I’ve got this figured and u know how that goes. :confused:

if it’s just a round for fun with no $$ at stake I’m not above picking up on a hole where the wheels fall off to keep the pace of play going

Reaction Score
First round every year for me generally goes well... Its the second round where the wheels fall off. I have always felt like I forget my bad habits in the winter and it takes a round for me to remember them

Reaction Score
All of this. Play fast, don't get frustrated, and don't continue to bring up the fact that you're worse than them. Never played with any good players that care if you suck, just if you suck and are slow. Everyone enjoys a fast mediocre golfer who is a good time.

Reaction Score
First round every year for me generally goes well... Its the second round where the wheels fall off. I have always felt like I forget my bad habits in the winter and it takes a round for me to remember them
I'm a faster learner than you....I can do it in 9 holes....sometimes 7... :D

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If you are playing cold in terms of swing and stuff, make your first hole tee shot a 7 or 8 iron and get that ball in the fairway 150 off the tee. Big baller golf? Nope. But seeing a tee shot go off the club face and in fairway is a good strategy.

Heck, you can play almost any par 4 with a 8-iron off the tee, 9-iron inside 75 yards, a chip or pitch on the green and a two-putt for bogey.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Along the lines of play quick and don't hold everyone up, any chance you get to putt around the green, do that instead of trying to pitch or chip. A hybrid can be great too. Just get the ball rolling and get it on the green. Avoid the chunks, chilly dips and bladed shots around the green that slows everything down.

On the green, figure out speed first. If you can hit the putt the right speed you'll be within 3'-4' of the pin and avoid the 3 and 4 putts which makes finishing the hole a drag.

Reaction Score
Have biz trip to Honda Classic Thurs/Fri .. 17th Hole Sky Box Corp Suite- Biz networking/building relationships ,etc. Food/beverages-You guys know the drill. My challenge/problem.. Biz golf--Sat AM tee times with 4 foursomes mostly made up of Fla residents and/or Fla Snowbirds from Northeast who all play a lot of golf.. They range in talent from single digit to mid-handicappers-- Blue/white tees. Course we're playing on has a slope from Black/blue combo tees of 141..Blues-139..Whites-126.

My dilemma-Am a bogey golfer (on a good day) from whites.. Haven't picked up a club in 4 months nor will I have an opportunity before Sat tee time to hit balls. Quite possible the first full swing golf shot of 2022 is on 1st hole. If you were in my shoes- How do you handle/manage your round and not have the wheels fall off??Simplify swing thoughts-Play by feel?

Any input/advice from the experienced golfers on the Yard is appreciated. More nervous about this than the outcome of the Nova game!
Rule #1: don’t hurt yourself.
Then do what bizlaw suggests.

Reaction Score
Be at peace knowing that no matter how bad your last shot was, the worst is yet to come.

Just have lots of fun. You're not trying to be Tiger Woods

Reaction Score
I’d start the round proclaiming your love of the SGL and then play fast with a good amount of self deprecating humor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom