Bird returns to action for Storm | The Boneyard

Bird returns to action for Storm

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I look for a good year from Sue, as she chases down the WNBA career assist record.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Equally important from the article is the progress of Stewie as seen in the excerpts below.

Bird’s return put the Storm at full strength for the first time this season.

She shared the floor with star forward Breanna Stewart (knee), reserve forward Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis (playing in France) and backup guard Noelle Quinn (bruised thigh) – each absent from training camp.

Without the quartet, the Storm was short-handed during a home-and-away split against Phoenix in last week’s exhibitions.

“It’s good to have everybody out there,” coach Jenny Boucek said. “We’ve had some key pieces out. Players that we’re building around and a lot of things are structured for them and to play through them so it makes a big difference when they’re out there.

Still, not clear if Stewie and Sue will suit up for game 1 or game 2

The Storm remains noncommittal if Bird, Stewart or Quinn will be available for Saturday’s regular-season opener at defending WNBA champion Los Angeles or Sunday’s home opener against Indiana at KeyArena.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm glad to see that K is back. I hope she is trim and on target.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I am glad the WNBA season starts Saturday. I look forward to watching all the UConn alumnus this season.

The season opener will be Seattle Storm vs Los Angeles Sparks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom