OT - Bills/NFL playoffs | The Boneyard

OT - Bills/NFL playoffs

Reaction Score
I'll admit that I'm a sucker for these sorts of stories. Watching the videos of fans celebrating and reading about how many people gathered to greet the team plane in 5 degree weather makes my eyes well up. It's one of the best fan bases in sports and they have been dragged through every horror imaginable in the 21st century. I'm not just talking on field stuff - they had to endure the constant threat of relocation, all of the Toronto/London games that were a slap in the face to the season ticket holders, and then a head coach that bailed on them.

Then again, it's not a very good team. Baltimore or San Diego (I know) certainly would have been more competitive in the postseason. Looking at the AFC, the Patriots are going to play either KC, Tennessee, or Buffalo. Gross.

Meanwhile, the prohibitive favorite looks like they're going to wither away because they're now starting somebody who often doesn't look like an NFL player, the Seahawks are home with a kicker problem and a rash of injuries, and the other top team - Minnesota - is still relying on an unproven quarterback.

Everything is taking shape for the Patriots to back their way into another Super Bowl. It will happen because of their quarterback, their coach, and the fact that they're best equipped to handle the inevitable injuries that come with the sport. Talent-wise, they're underwhelming and typically have been. Some may enjoy this war of attrition and the slow erosion of the top talent. I personally do not. I love the sport too much to abandon it, but once again I get the feeling that I'll be left with a pit in my stomach at season end. It's a sickness. Patriot fans are free to not comment ITT because I really don't want to talk to you.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
That's OK, we understand, your blanky is in the washer cause mommy needs to wash it and your thumb just doesn't taste the same.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall
Top Bottom