Bill Raftery documentary | The Boneyard

Bill Raftery documentary

Reaction Score
A few years ago I approached Raf after a game he had broadcast and we had a 5 - 10 minute conversation.

I was just a fan but he took time to have a real discussion with someone he did not know and likel never see again.

What struck me most about the experience was that he was just a very nice- polite person.

I can't wait to watch the above video.

Reaction Score
I golfed in a charity tourney with Seth Davis once and he said everyone who's ever worked with Raf has a story where they went out for a couple beers with Raf, ended up out til 3-4 in the morning and whenever they dragged their hungover carcass in the next day? Raf was suited up, shaved and smiling at them.

Reaction Score
This was a really great watch... The unique thing about him is that it seems every person who has come into contact with him is in universal agreement that he is just a great person. Then, you see how dedicated he is to his job and everything else and you have a legend. When he did color, I always felt like I was watching the game with a friend.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
A few years ago I approached Raf after a game he had broadcast and we had a 5 - 10 minute conversation.

I was just a fan but he took time to have a real discussion with someone he did not know and likel never see again.

What struck me most about the experience was that he was just a very nice- polite person.

I can't wait to watch the above video.
When we played in Atlantis I approached Andy Katz. He was standing there doing nothing. We had a 30 second conversation. However his body language told me he wasn't approachable.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I have to be honest. If you brought this up a couple of years ago I would agree. Nothing personal, he is a nice guy but his script got real old for me. Remember a couple of years ago he got his phrases patented? Same thing every year. He is getting older and even his voice is changing. Great guy, great color man just change it up a bit. And that raspy throat. My opinion only.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
His high school coach looks younger than him.

Reaction Score
If you have 45 free minutes, give this a watch. Raftery is a treasure, the best in the business.

In 2009, I was out in Detroit for UConn's trip to The Final Four. We came across Raf in a hotel bar in the wee hours. He didn't need to be, but he was unbelievably nice to a bunch of guys on the brink of 40. He humored us as we all took our best shots at impersonating his catch phrases. He seemed genuinely appreciative when we told him how much we have enjoyed his work over the years. He could not have been nicer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom