BILICHICK & GENO SHARE SAME PHILOSOPHY IN PRACTICE | The Boneyard

BILICHICK & GENO SHARE SAME PHILOSOPHY IN PRACTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bill Bilichick...“Let me just say that my personal coaching philosophy and my mentality has always been to make things as difficult as possible for players in practice.

And so with regard to footballs, I’m sure that any current or past player of mine would tell you that the balls we practice with are as bad as they can be — wet, sticky, cold, slippery.

However bad we can make them, I make them. And any time that players complain about the quality of footballs, I make them worse and that stops the complaining. So we never use the condition of the footballs as an excuse. We play with whatever, or kick with whatever we have to use, and that’s the way it is. That has never been a priority for me and I want the players to deal with a harder situation in practice than they’ll ever have to deal with in the game.

I only post post this because he reminds me just how tough geno's practices are which explains why the uconn women are so good at game time & are groomed into great athletes.

I know some want to call for his head like most haters who want a conviction without any sufficient evidence. Let it be peoven first. Because those invalidated allegations are not the reason indy was dealt a 45-7 beating.

Reaction Score
Bill Bilichick...“Let me just say that my personal coaching philosophy and my mentality has always been to make things as difficult as possible for players in practice.

And so with regard to footballs, I’m sure that any current or past player of mine would tell you that the balls we practice with are as bad as they can be — wet, sticky, cold, slippery.

However bad we can make them, I make them. And any time that players complain about the quality of footballs, I make them worse and that stops the complaining. So we never use the condition of the footballs as an excuse. We play with whatever, or kick with whatever we have to use, and that’s the way it is. That has never been a priority for me and I want the players to deal with a harder situation in practice than they’ll ever have to deal with in the game.

I only post post this because he reminds me just how tough geno's practices are which explains why the uconn women are so good at game time & are groomed into great athletes.

I know some want to call for his head like most haters who want a conviction without any sufficient evidence. Let it be peoven first. Because those invalidated allegations are not the reason indy was dealt a 45-7 beating.
Colts' Dwayne Allen's take on the deflated balls effect on the game:

1. FOX Sports: NFL ✔ @NFLonFOX
    Report: NFL finds 11 Patriots footballs under-inflated by 2 pounds - http://foxs.pt/1JbYjDp pic.twitter.com/UjgYwCd9XV
Dwayne Allen ✔ @Dallen83
Follow

@NFLonFOX not a story. They could have played with soap for balls and beat us. Simply the better team. We have to continue to build! #BTM

11:55 PM - 20 Jan 2015

T

TroyHouse66

So....
Do you have any evidence that Geno lets air out of the basketballs during practice so that the players have to build stronger dribbling muscles?
We know that through his practice sessions the UConn players develop a larger and more meaningful protection against sarcasm by repeated exposure to it.
[Except for native-Californians of Italian descent, who have a natural immunity to it.]

Reaction Score

If it's better for the game to use a ball with a couple of lbs of pressure less I suggest the NFL standard is the problem. I'm actually a Pat hater or more correctly a hater of their scummy owner. My experience is ball pressure is somewhat of a personal preference . Like the weight or lenght of a baseball bat.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
If it's better for the game to use a ball with a couple of lbs of pressure less I suggest the NFL standard is the problem. I'm actually a Pat hater or more correctly a hater of their scummy owner. My experience is ball pressure is somewhat of a personal preference . Like the weight or lenght of a baseball bat.

Seriously? I'm not Patriots fan but EVERYTHING I've heard about their "scummy owner" has been more than positive. His philanthropic deeds have been well received by the community - http://www.thekraftgroup.com/charity_philanthropy/ and from wikipedia, "
The Krafts have donated over $100 million to a variety of philanthropic causes including education, child and women issues, healthcare, youth sports and American and Israeli causes. In 2011, the Krafts pledged $20 million to Partners HealthCare to launch the Kraft Family National Center for Leadership and Training in Community Health,[17] an initiative designed to improve access to quality healthcare at community health centers throughout New England. Among the many institutions the Krafts have supported are Columbia University, Harvard Business School, Brandeis University, The College of the Holy Cross, Boston College, Tufts University, the Belmont Hill School, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston, and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston. One of their most distinctive projects is supporting American Football Israel, including Kraft Family Stadium in Jerusalem and the Kraft Family Israel Football League. In 2007, in recognition of a gift of $5 million in support of Columbia's intercollegiate athletics program, the playing field at Columbia's Lawrence A. Wien Stadium at the Baker Field Athletics Complex was named Robert K. Kraft Field.

He has received numerous honorary degrees from several colleges and universities and was awarded the NCAA's highest honor when he received the Theodore Roosevelt Award, "presented annually to a distinguished citizen of national reputation and outstanding accomplishments."

Sure sounds like he is a 'scummy owner', NOT. there should be more scummy people like this.

Reaction Score
Seriously? I'm not Patriots fan but EVERYTHING I've heard about their "scummy owner" has been more than positive. His philanthropic deeds have been well received by the community - http://www.thekraftgroup.com/charity_philanthropy/ and from wikipedia, "
The Krafts have donated over $100 million to a variety of philanthropic causes including education, child and women issues, healthcare, youth sports and American and Israeli causes. In 2011, the Krafts pledged $20 million to Partners HealthCare to launch the Kraft Family National Center for Leadership and Training in Community Health,[17] an initiative designed to improve access to quality healthcare at community health centers throughout New England. Among the many institutions the Krafts have supported are Columbia University, Harvard Business School, Brandeis University, The College of the Holy Cross, Boston College, Tufts University, the Belmont Hill School, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston, and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston. One of their most distinctive projects is supporting American Football Israel, including Kraft Family Stadium in Jerusalem and the Kraft Family Israel Football League. In 2007, in recognition of a gift of $5 million in support of Columbia's intercollegiate athletics program, the playing field at Columbia's Lawrence A. Wien Stadium at the Baker Field Athletics Complex was named Robert K. Kraft Field.

He has received numerous honorary degrees from several colleges and universities and was awarded the NCAA's highest honor when he received the Theodore Roosevelt Award, "presented annually to a distinguished citizen of national reputation and outstanding accomplishments."

Sure sounds like he is a 'scummy owner', NOT. there should be more scummy people like this.

With a resume like that who in their right mind would called such a person a scum? No one but a scum himself wouldn't dare stoop low enough to cast the first stone. Great information CTFJR

Reaction Score
Robert Kraft is not a good man; he is a GREAT MAN, a humanitarian, one of the finest, most philanthropic men in America, let alone professional sports. I know first-hand of his generosity in creating youth athletic facilities and after-school programs for at-risk boys and girls in poor neighborhoods across the Northeast. He shows others the way by enlightening and encouraging his Patriot players to participate in charitable events too numerous to mention (ctfjr does a great job explicating).

I'm a Yankee/NY Giant crazy- an avowed enemy of the Red Sox/Pats (and every team New England except the beloved UConn Huskies). But to impugn the character of Robert Kraft for the possible misdeeds of the jerky Belichick, or any other Patriot, is beyond asinine. This world desperately needs more great people like Robert and Myra Kraft.

Reaction Score
So....
Do you have any evidence that Geno lets air out of the basketballs during practice so that the players have to build stronger dribbling muscles?
We know that through his practice sessions the UConn players develop a larger and more meaningful protection against sarcasm by repeated exposure to it.
[Except for native-Californians of Italian descent, who have a natural immunity to it.]

I don't have any evidence or information that geno lets the air out of the ball. Neither do I have any evidence or information geno don't let the air out of the ball.

I have no evidence or information no more than anyone else for that matter or the NFL & hater joes have that Bill let or instructed his players to let the air out of the football.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't have any evidence or information that geno lets the air out of the ball. Neither do I have any evidence or information geno don't let the air out of the ball.
Can Geno prove he DIDN'T let air out of the balls?

:D

Reaction Score
Is BILICHICK the sibling of our old fave, BALLHOGCHICK?
You may be onto something there. It's my understanding that the only reason ballhogchick was so good in the first place is she always played with deflated balls. If this had not been allowed, TN would be up 12-10 head-to-head with UCONN, and PHS would have 11 NCs to Geno's 6

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Turn the caps off, please.

Reaction Score
C
can't be good for the kicking game.

Reaction Score
FOX Sports – The Baltimore Ravens tipped off the Indianapolis Colts going into the AFC title game about the Patriots potentially doctoring the air in footballs, according to FOX Sports NFL Insider Jay Glazer.

According to Glazer, the NFL was already planning to inspect the balls at halftime, despite D’Qwell Jackson’s interception originally being reported as the cause.

While the NFL is still investigating and figuring out what direction to go in terms of possible penalties for Bill Belichick and the Patriots in what is being dubbed “Deflategate,” many NFL owners, general managers and coaches are tired of the Patriots and are wondering if the league will finally take a hard line, Glazer reported.

Well there you have it. The sore loser meter on this Deflategate horsecrap just went from 7.5 to 11.

John Harbaugh called for the Waaamublance after being straight up outsmarted, out thought and out strategized by Bill Belichick in the divisional playoff and it left him with two choices — either take it like a man, go home, read the rule book and work hard in the offseason to make himself a better coach, or he could take the whiny little snot way out, dialing up the Colts and offering to help them because his feelings were so hurt.

And you know what? I love this. Bring it. Embrace the hate. No one team in the AFC can beat a healthy Patriots team so they have to team up. Teams that are supposed to be enemy combatants are joining forces because they know they need a mob of coaches conspiring together to come close to Belichick’s next level thinking.

Remember Pushgate last year? Nobody thought for one second Rex Ryan was smart enough on his own to figure out the Pats‘ field goal unit was bending the rule there. He’d gotten tipped off by his brother Rob in New Orleans, who’d got beaten by the Patriots the week before. Hell, John Harbaugh had Jim Harbaughon the sidelines with him and still couldn’t match wits with Belichick. These other, lesser coaches are forming alliances like Batman villains because they know they have no other chance against his superior football intellect.

I wouldn’t have it any other way because what this latest development proves is what I’ve been saying from the beginning. This is a witch hunt, brought about by one thing and one thing only, and that is resentment for the Patriots success. No one gives a tinker’s damn when Aaron Rodgers admits to playing fast and loose with the NFL’s air pressure specs. No one’s calling for him to be discount double suspended. Mike McCarthy‘s not on the cover of every tabloid in the nation or the top story on Drudge.

Brad Johnson admits to bribing ball boys to tamper with 100 Super Bowl balls in 2003 and Warren Sapp‘s not on TV doubting the validity of his own ring. Jerome Bettis isn’t calling the championshipBuccaneers “felons.”But this is the Patriots we’re talking about. So a couple of PSIs — the football equivalent of doing 45 in a 40 zone — gets treated like a multi-state bank robbing spree. And the real crime they committed here is the unpardonable sin of beating everybody, including a snitch like John Harbaugh. Like I said, I do love it. But a people should know when they are conquered.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Regarding Kraft. Kudos for his philanthropy. But I have a question:

I haven't lived in New England for over 25 years. It was my understanding that in order to get concessions for the rebuilt stadium at Foxborough, Kraft threatened to move the team to Hartford/East Hartford, and made a lot of overtures to Connecticut officials. Further, that Connecticut offered financial incentives and those resulted in his getting the concessions Kraft wanted from Massachusetts, at which point he left Connecticut standing at the altar.

So, is my understanding correct, incorrect, correct in part?

Reaction Score

I haven't lived in New England for over 25 years. It was my understanding that in order to get concessions for the rebuilt stadium at Foxborough, Kraft threatened to move the team to Hartford/East Hartford, and made a lot of overtures to Connecticut officials. Further, that Connecticut offered financial incentives and those resulted in his getting the concessions Kraft wanted from Massachusetts, at which point he left Connecticut standing at the altar.

He played Connecticut and our Governor like a violin.

Reaction Score

He blackmailed the people of Mass by Using Connecticut as leverage .
Made fools out of the people of both states. By blackmail.

I guess in today's world that's business as usual.
If you think this a a moral position, than I won't judge you. But
I strongly disagree with your position.

Reaction Score

Not quite. He ended up building Gillette on his own dime if I remember correctly.

Reaction Score

Dang! You still hurting? Ainnit? Wow....All I can say (giving I lived in Boston for 30 years) I am glad he left the NE PATRIOTS RIGHT WHERE THEY BELONG.

cabbie191

Reaction Score
Dang! You still hurting? Ainnit? Wow....All I can say (giving I lived in Boston for 30 years) I am glad he left the NE PATRIOTS RIGHT WHERE THEY BELONG.

Nah - no emotional investment in this one way or another. And I think that staying put in the long run was good for the team.

cabbie191

Reaction Score
Not quite. He ended up building Gillette on his own dime if I remember correctly.

You're right, per this excerpt from Wikipedia:

On April 18, 2000, the team revealed plans for the new stadium in Foxboro.[28] It was announced as a 68,000 seat stadium at a cost of $325 million, with the entire cost privately funded. Boston is thus the only city in professional sports in which all facilities are privately owned and operated. The Patriots own Gillette Stadium, the Red Sox own Fenway Park, and the Bruins own the Boston Garden (which the Celtics rent).

Here's another tidbit from that same article:

Gillette Stadium ranks first among all NFL venues in stadium food safety with a 0% critical violations.[33] The Gillette Stadium food service, instead of being outsourced like most NFL teams, is run in-house and is led by the Patriots executive director of foods and beverage David Wheeler.[34]

Reaction Score
He played Connecticut and our Governor like a violin.
Did anyone at the time believe the Patriots were seriously thinking of moving to Hartford? I know I didn't.

Employee #1: I need a raise.
Employee #2: Tell the boss.
Employee #1: He won't just give me one.
Employee #2: Tell him you're thinking of going elsewhere.
Employee #1: But I'm not.
Employee #2: He doesn't know that.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Did anyone at the time believe the Patriots were seriously thinking of moving to Hartford? I know I didn't.

Exactly - smart business move. He outsmarted our (twice) convicted felon governor.

Reaction Score

Lol....lmbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members