Bilas Has Us at #12 Next Year | The Boneyard

Bilas Has Us at #12 Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...eason-top-title-contenders-college-basketball

12. Connecticut Huskies

After winning a title, and when the Huskies answered the bell every time they were doubted, it seems odd not to have UConn at No. 1. But, with Shabazz Napier leaving for the NBA with two National Championships under his belt, The Bilastrator sees UConn as just outside the Top 10. Ryan Boatright should return, as should DeAndre Daniels. N.C. State transfer Rodney Purvis will be eligible and give Kevin Ollie an outstanding transition scorer.

Reaction Score
I bet when SI comes out in the fall we are around 18 if DD and Boat are back which is way too high, should be top 10.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
You guys are asking too much. I think a nice improvement next year would be to beat out Harvard for best team in New England.

I highly doubt that.

photo.png

Reaction Score
You guys are asking too much. I think a nice improvement next year would be to beat out Harvard for best team in New England.
the new rip recruit from la can score 20 ppg to offset Bazz, add soph Brimah and get ready to rock the casbar

Reaction Score
the new rip recruit from la can score 20 ppg to offset Bazz, add soph Brimah and get ready to rock the casbar

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? There is no way D Ham will average 20. Brimah will probably add MAYBE 2-4 pts a game on the offensive end. I think we will be good, but dang those are high expectations.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
With Boat and Daniels UConn is Top 5-6. With Boat, 11-15. With neither, borderline Top 25.

Reaction Score
With Boat and Daniels UConn is Top 5-6. With Boat, 11-15. With neither, borderline Top 25.

Even though we wouldn't get ranked #1 regardless I'd love to see who's got a better team than what we'd be with Boat and DD back

Reaction Score
Even though we wouldn't get ranked #1 regardless I'd love to see who's got a better team than what we'd be with Boat and DD back
Wisconsin
Duke if Parker is back

UConn, Arizona, UK depending on who stays

Everyone else.

Reaction Score
Bilas knows nothing about college hoops. or i should say evaluating teams/coaching. I dont get how he could go watch an acc game , then see us play memphis and not see the difference in quality of hoop (mostly coming from our side). Had us losing every game because he can't see talent on our roster. "oh its the shabazz show" "oh they have the best player in the country who can CARRY them". one 6 foot guard doesn't anchor a top ten defense.

Reaction Score
Wisconsin
Duke if Parker is back

UConn, Arizona, UK depending on who stays

Everyone else.

There's virtually no chance Parker stays, and as we've seen from kansas this year and kentucky last year, having a couple top freshman doesn't guarantee the team will be a powerhouse.

Kaminsky is a matchup issue for anybody, but did not play well against kentucky. I don't think they would have the athleticism to hang with us either.

Not saying I expect a #1 ranking, because I don't. Not enough credit will be given to the rest of the team outside of Bazz, but that's probably a good thing.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt that.

photo.png

Oh wow, did I have fun with him this year on Twitter. I tweeted him after almost every quality win. That poor guy just realized Monday that he is terrible at his job.

Reaction Score
If Boat and DD comeback i dont see too many teams being as good as us. with boat and purvis in the backcourt and tsam with his defense and tenacity being a year better along with the improvement of Brimah,Nolan and Facey that alone is enough for a top ten team. Add to that DD another year improved and Dham this team is going to be more balanced scoring and still a terror on defense. From what little ive read on Lubin hes a load inside and can score and rebound. I think lubin could be the surprise that brimah was this year. im all in on next year as i see us being very good regardless of who comes back but if we get dd and rb back we can book our tickets to the f4 now.

Reaction Score
With Boat and DD back, we are a tough team. Certainly top 10. The X factor is Nolan. If he shows substantial improvement on the offensive end, we could be legit contenders. Really looking forward to seeing Rodney and DHam in Husky uniforms as well as Brimah 2.0.

Plus, we have KO and they don't.

Reaction Score
I think Brimah holds the key to a big year. I know he will be much improved offensively. He seems to really want to be good. Can he stay out of foul trouble? If he can we just may chase another title.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
preseason rankings one through five just about each and every year, in no particular order

DOOK
UK
KU
AZ
MSU

alternates
UNC
FL
UCLA
CUSE
mid-major flavor of the day

is there a bigger list of "unmet expectations" to be found?

I won't call them underachievers, because it's not their fault they're overhyped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom