Biggest recruiting job is | The Boneyard

Biggest recruiting job is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
KO keeping JA here beyond this year. He could use it, but he will post monster stats this year with TL and AG out and the season being close to lost.

Reaction Score
He is a pg in the NBA and he is not there yet. Yes he can drive and score but he needs to sharpen his ball handling, assists and long range shooting. I think we get at least 1 more year maybe 2 from him. Follow the Kemba plan.

Reaction Score
He is a pg in the NBA and he is not there yet. Yes he can drive and score but he needs to sharpen his ball handling, assists and long range shooting. I think we get at least 1 more year maybe 2 from him. Follow the Kemba plan.
In a perfect world I agree. But you know how some of these kids think. Daniel Hamilton and DeAndre Daniels are our last 2 examples of that thinking.

Reaction Score
Regardless of what numbers he puts up he is not close to ready for the NBA.
Unless he wants to end up like DHam he better stay.

Reaction Score
I'm a little down tonight not only because of the loss but I have to read how Duke just got the number 3 player 6' 11" and may get numbers 4 and 7 to go with their recruiting class just like Kentucky and Kansas as they strip away the top players in the country year after year. Watching MSU with Ward and Bridges, bulky tough rebounders destroy St.John's on glass. The system is rigged and I'm jealous. Turkey tomorrow will salve my wounds.

Reaction Score
In a perfect world I agree. But you know how some of these kids think. Daniel Hamilton and DeAndre Daniels are our last 2 examples of that thinking.

Two of the most stupid moves made in UConn BB history. Leave early to get drafted in the second round and sentenced to the developmental league. Both should have stayed for another year . . . Hamilton for two more years. No wonder UConn hoops has fallen so far, so fast. Is anyone in the UConn athletic department, counseling them against leaving early or is that passé . . . to self serving.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
The actual greatest recruiting job for KO is keeping Jalen but also keeping those other kids committed to Uconn after seeing us struggle this season. That might also apply to some of the freshman we currently have.
The vultures are probably already circling over our program for our players.

Reaction Score
The actual greatest recruiting job for KO is keeping Jalen but also keeping those other kids committed to Uconn after seeing us struggle this season. That might also apply to some of the freshman we currently have.
The vultures are probably already circling over our program for our players.
they've signed NLI's....

Reaction Score
the money has gotten so nuts and even some 2nd round guys get large guaranteed $$. Look at Jackson on C's

This is where KO can coach him on his next move.

Reaction Score
Theirs the other potential kids that haven't and the ones we have.

Well if you're talking about Hami it means he sees this mess and knows he can play 40 minutes per game or he sees this and wants nothing to do with it.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
If Hamilton left after last season, then we should definitely be worried about Jalen bouncing after this season in which he will be the lone wolf on this team from here on out

Worst case scenario would be a lost season and Jalen leaving...

Reaction Score
Two of the most stupid moves made in UConn BB history. Leave early to get drafted in the second round and sentenced to the developmental league. Both should have stayed for another year . . . Hamilton for two more years. No wonder UConn hoops has fallen so far, so fast. Is anyone in the UConn athletic department, counseling them against leaving early or is that passé . . . to self serving.
Ollie talked to NBA people and then told Hamilton to return to school based on the feedback. What else could Ollie do? Hamilton made his own decision against all the feedback he heard.

I can't remember what happened with Daniels but I doubt Calhoun told him he should enter the draft. Some kids don't make the best decisions. I don't know what else you want the coaches to do. They can't make a kid stay in school.

Reaction Score
FWIW, prior to the start of the season, Ozzie said Jalen's intentions were to be back at UConn next year. But I guess things could change now that he's the alpha.

Reaction Score
Ollie talked to NBA people and then told Hamilton to return to school based on the feedback. What else could Ollie do? Hamilton made his own decision against all the feedback he heard.

I can't remember what happened with Daniels but I doubt Calhoun told him he should enter the draft. Some kids don't make the best decisions. I don't know what else you want the coaches to do. They can't make a kid stay in school.

Ollie was the coach in both instances. With Daniels, he should have come back to senior season to show that he could be that dynamic player we saw in the NCAA Tournament as opposed to the inconsistent player we saw during the regular season and during his first two seasons,

With Hamilton . . . on what planet did he or anyone else think that he was gonna be a first round draft pick. He had gaps galore in his game and a lot of inconsistency. He needed to stay for his junior AND senior season to prove himself to be a top notch prospect.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Daniels is playing professional basketball. He was playing in Australia. If I had the opportunity to do that I would in a heartbeat. Hamilton wanted to leave and make money. Good for him. Kind of hypocritical when you want a kid to stay for your own self serving interests

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I'd like to see Ollie finally recruit some players with high basketball IQ. This is something we've been severely lacking since Niels and Shabazz left. Some smart players will make his coaching look a hell of a lot better too.
Another raw, athletic project you say?!? Here you go!

Reaction Score
I'm a little down tonight not only because of the loss but I have to read how Duke just got the number 3 player 6' 11" and may get numbers 4 and 7 to go with their recruiting class just like Kentucky and Kansas as they strip away the top players in the country year after year. Watching MSU with Ward and Bridges, bulky tough rebounders destroy St.John's on glass. The system is rigged and I'm jealous. Turkey tomorrow will salve my wounds.

I still wouldn't trade our kids or our program or our fan base....for the glitter.....the UCONN way is so much more gratifying.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
At least be consistent.
I don't get your point. Those two things don't have to be mutually exclusive. We can land Diallo, and Ollie can still fill the class with 4 other Tyler Polley's and we would be just as duck*ed as we are this year.

Reaction Score
Jalen's been amazing, although he did turn the ball over almost 10 times in a half of college basketball. He isn't going anywhere next year. I don't know how the rest of the season will go, but i have an idea. I don't see him leaving the program after a down season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom