• Other

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Losing Stark is just brutal for me.

Katz was also excellent.

I gotta imagine MLB Network has already reached out to Stark.

Maybe CBS or Fox Sports will grab Katz.

They're legitimate candidates for best in the biz at what they do.

Reaction Score
How do they keep Jeff Goodman and let go of Katz?
No real logic to it in that sense. The costs saved by terminating a few dozen contracts of broadcasters and writers - in the big picture of ESPN - is minuscule. The firings are about Disney ensuring its shareholders know ESPN won't be allowed to produce decreasing revenue unchecked. ESPN still generates a lot of revenue, but has bet big on certain broadcasting rights deals that will look very bad in the near future.

Reaction Score
Losing Stark is just brutal for me.

Katz was also excellent.

I gotta imagine MLB Network has already reached out to Stark.

Maybe CBS or Fox Sports will grab Katz.

They're legitimate candidates for best in the biz at what they do.
Yes I agree, Andy Katz will land at either CBS or Fox and have a huge role in their coverage. It would be nice if CBS picked him up as a sideline reporter/writer since he would be able to cover NCAA Tournament games.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Sports in general are way overpriced right now. I believe every major sport is going to have a difficult time negotiating their broadcast rights because the networks are going to stop over paying for them like they do now. when Boogie Cousins is in line to make 40 mil a year for the next 5 years I gotta believe there is a bubble out there.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
AAC TV contract negotiation

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Amazing reading the classy tweets people are putting out. Obviously you're a public figure and want to remain employable but I would be hard pressed to be "thanking" anyone at ESPN right now.

30:30 the death of a network

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I guess Katz was controversial enough for them

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Sports in general are way overpriced right now. I believe every major sport is going to have a difficult time negotiating their broadcast rights because the networks are going to stop over paying for them like they do now. when Boogie Cousins is in line to make 40 mil a year for the next 5 years I gotta believe there is a bubble out there.

ESPN is really the only company that overpays for their sports rights. If you compare ESPN's NFL contract and Fox's NFL contract it seems like FOX stole from the NFL.

Reaction Score

Maybe so, but what happens when google, FB, and amazon enter the mix?

Reaction Score
Very puzzling that Stark and Katz are gone... They were at the top of their respective coverage areas. I always liked Werder, too. It's sad (and another indication that I'm officially old) that the trends in sports journalism have led us to this absolute tripe. The 6pm Sportscenter used to be a must watch and it obviously has become something else. It's background noise at best now and ESPNs decision to fix it seem to only distance the product more and more. Yet another piece of my childhood thrown into the crapper.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Trent Dilfer...ahahahahha

I actually like him though. Seems like a good dude, a little clueless, but sometimes with some gems.

Reaction Score
They really should have got rid of the guy that projects the field of 64 every year. He is never even close.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom