Big12/ACC/Pac12 Tripartite Pact | The Boneyard

Big12/ACC/Pac12 Tripartite Pact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
three quotes stick out to me.

"Bowlsby said the potential move should not be interpreted as a precursor to future expansion in light of the SEC’s additions of Texas A&M; and Missouri and the Big Ten’s more recent move to invite Maryland from the ACC and Rutgers from the Big Ten."

and

"That may lead us back to 10 (teams) or somewhere else.”

and

certainly nothing is imminent"

I cant wait for this all to be over.

Reaction Score
This is a Cartel. The very definition per Econ 101. Like OPEC, they are out to restrict competition & protect their position/pricing. Like OPEC, there are big holes in the discussion ... and players (like Texas or FSU) will cheat. Problems are coming.

Reaction Score
This will all end up before the Supreme Court eventually. If not now than 10 or 20 years from now.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
No, it won't.

Who cares,outside of CT? Who is negatively affected and cares? Isn't the state of Florida or Ohio.

Reaction Score
The SEC (and maybe the B1G) can wreck this pact. Or if this pact forms, the SEC (and maybe B1G) can still take some schools it desires.

Reaction Score
people are so naive... why do you need a pact when every acc president publically pledged allegiance to the acc. those words are stronger than any gor, alliance, or exit fee.
Not only that, what happened to that pact between the SEC and Big 12?

Reaction Score
people are so naive... why do you need a pact when every acc president publically pledged allegiance to the acc. those words are stronger than any gor, alliance, or exit fee.
limp-handshake.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No, it won't.

Who cares,outside of CT? Who is negatively affected and cares? Isn't the state of Florida or Ohio.
The alumni of every single institution that locked out. And when it comes, count on your employer producing a whole lot documents. Remember that every single conversation with school officials is memorialized in their records, emails to BOT members etc. It will get ugly pretty quickly. The end result will be the end to the ESPN's monopoly on college sports.

Reaction Score
No, it won't.

Off the top of my head Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, New Mexico, Hawaii, Idaho, Wyoming, and Nevada all have a public university that is being left out from this without a public school that is included.

Now I would think that states that have their main public university that is either was thinking about moving up or loses a chance to receive a pay day from playing the big boys: New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Delaware, Montana, Rhode Island, North and South Dakota.

I don't know what states that even though they have a public university included they have one or more public universities that made the large investment to move up to fbs and are being left out, my guess is you have some pulling for each side (Usf Ucf Utah state, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom