Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
USF has FSU
Houston has Louisville
Tulane vs Georgia Tech
Memphis vs Kansas
ECU vs Florida
UCF vs Stanford

6 - 0 would be a big statement for the league and likely get some attention. Obviously that isn't likely. I think there are 2 wins, maybe three with an ECU upset maybe (Memphis and UCF being the other wins)...

Reaction Score
Looking at that list and having flipped around some of those games yesterday on the watchESPN app...the only game I see as a win right now is Memphis. UCF/Stanford may be a good game with 2 teams coming off losses opening week. The rest of them have blowout written all over them.

Reaction Score
You think UCF beats Stanford after losing to FIU?
Stanford just lost to Northwestern 16-6. I'm sure UCF is better than they showed last Thursday, but I guess Stanford could be also.

Reaction Score
weyuo said:
Stanford just lost to Northwestern 16-6. I'm sure UCF is better than they showed last Thursday, but I guess Stanford could be also.

Not saying they can't win. Just wouldn't call it as an obvious win.

Reaction Score
You missed the big conference game. Cincinnati vs. Temple. This could decide the east division already in week 2.

Reaction Score
L USF @ Florida State 11:30 a.m. Tallahassee, Fla. TV:ESPN Even though USF is feeling good about their almost shutout they won't be feeling quite as good by mid afternoon next Saturday
? Houston @ Louisville Noon Louisville, Ky. TV:ACC Regional Tom Herman is a good coach. He had Houston up 31-10 going into the 4th quarter and I imagine a lot of subs saw time to finish the game. Louisville put up 24 against #6 Auburn although they were all scored in the second half. The Cardinals have a young QB so if Houston can rattle him early....
W Army @ UConn Noon East Hartford, Conn. Live Stats TV:CBS Sports Network if UConn wants any chance at a bowl invite they need to win. Clean up the mistakes and collect that second...
L Tulane @ Georgia Tech 3:30 p.m. Atlanta, Ga. Live Stats TV:ACC Regional Tulane didn't show up against Duke and doubt they'll show up against the Yellow Jackets
L East Carolina @ Florida 7 p.m. Gainesville, Fla. TV:ESPN2 Florida spanked NM St and ECU, minus their starting QB just inched their way past Towson. Sorry Pirates but I doubt you have the guns to compete with the Gators
W Memphis @ Kansas 7 p.m. Lawrence, Kan. TV:ESPN3 Memphis crushed their FCS opponent and Kansas lost to theirs.
W North Texas @ SMU 7 p.m. Dallas, Texas Live Stats TV:ESPN3 Hey... SMU hung with #4 Baylor for the 1st half.
? Temple @ Cincinnati 8 p.m. Cincinnati, Ohio Live Stats TV:ESPNews = flip a coin on this one folks
L Tulsa @ New Mexico 8 p.m. Albuquerque, N.M. TV:ESPN3 Have to give this one to the Lobos. Their offense will be too much for Tulsa
? UCF @ Stanford 10:30 p.m. Palo Alto, Calif. TV:FS1 Both teams laid eggs during week #1 Who wants it more?

By my tally 3 sure W's, 4 sure L's, 2 toss ups and a conference game that should be the best of all of them. Come on American..step up!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
OOC only. I like Houston, Memphis and SMU but also have a gunny feeling USF might surprise. Just a feeling. Others don't look promising. Tulane gonna be ugly. Is UCF that bad?

We need 1 P5 upset per week to stay in the conversation.

Reaction Score
Hoping for the best. Still think the AAC is a year away maybe 2 but this conference is slowly going to get better across the board.

Reaction Score
Houston may have a sho and Memphis should win. The others not so much.

Reaction Score
OOC only. I like Houston, Memphis and SMU but also have a gunny feeling USF might surprise. Just a feeling. Others don't look promising. Tulane gonna be ugly. Is UCF that bad?

We need 1 P5 upset per week to stay in the conversation.

Agree... 1 upset per week, competitive in games expected to be loss blowouts, and win the games you are expected to win...

Need Houston to step up this week and gain AAC league notoriety. (W)
Have a good feeling on the Tulsa game. (W)
SMU handles North Texas(W)
Huskies take care of business. (W)
UCF, USF & Tulane need to keep it close. (L,L,L,)
Temple / Cincy (....... made for TV exposure)

Reaction Score
Out of the original 6 games listed, I see 2 wins. Memphis will beat Kansas but I'm not sure where the other comes from.

Reaction Score
The fact that this thread even exists is a good sign. Been a while since many of us showed any interest in other conference games. Been total apathy and indifference the last couple years. What a difference 1 season-opening win and the feeling that we're finally starting to make our gradual climb out of the abyss makes.

Reaction Score
The fact that this thread even exists is a good sign. Been a while since many of us showed any interest in other conference games. Been total apathy and indifference the last couple years. What a difference 1 season-opening win and the feeling that we're finally starting to make our gradual climb out of the abyss makes.

We need the American to be good, or at least perceived to be good. That improves the perception of our program, especially if we end up one of the consistently strong programs in what becomes the "best" G5. That helps with the "need quality football additions" proponents within the P5s when they are read to expand, or gives us a better shot at a "best G5" place in the big bowls/expanded playoffs coming down the road. Also, I would rather watch quality football on a weekly basis then meh-football.

Rising tide lifts all boats and stuff like that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
SMU a 1 pt favorite is a sure win while Houston a 12 point dog is a toss up - nevermind UCF who is like a 17 pt dog and is a toss up....

Reaction Score
Whoever dreamed up Stanford's schedule is totally nuts. Start with a very early opener away then flip to the late game at home. If the UCF offense continues to play a flat unimaginative scheme they're in trouble. But if they find a few wrinkles that work it might be a game worth staying up for. They probably give hope then lose late on a conservative strategy.

Reaction Score
Out of the original 6 games listed, I see 2 wins. Memphis will beat Kansas but I'm not sure where the other comes from.
Agree with you, can't see it right now but am thinking Houston....
Thinking positive outcomes in SMU Ponies, Huskies & Tulsa.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This is a tough OOC slate for the week.

When was the last time that USF beat Florida / FSU / Miami? There might have been one recently, but it feels like forever-ago.
Houston would probably have preferred to get Louisville the week before Auburn and not the week after. That's going to be a tough game for them.
I don't see any chance at all for Tulane against Tech.
Memphis should whoop Kansas, as I watched parts of the Kansas game this past week, and they looked like they couldn't get out of their own way. That game somehow miraculously ended up close in the end.
ECU - Florida should be an interesting one that would be nice for the AAC if we could get it.
UCF - Stanford; UCF is going to be mad as heck, but so will Stanford be too. Will UCF look past Stanford because they are concentrating on the Civil ConFLiCT in a couple of weeks? Who knows.

Put me down for 4 OOC wins, including UConn over Army. I think we get Memphis, SMU, and either ECU / Houston / UCF / Tulsa, in that order of likelihood for me...

Reaction Score
I'm a little surprised the odds makers are favoring New Mexico by only 4 points over Tulsa. The Lobos put up 66 points and shut out their opponent while tying a school and conference record with 8 rushing TD's. They must know something. Maybe the American can sneak a non conf. win there.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom