UMass 1-11
UConn 5-7
BC 2-10

Totals 2012 8-28

Through YTD 2012-2013

UMass 2-18
UConn 5-14
BC 5-14

Totals 12-46 = .207 winning percentage for NE teams for the last year and a half. I think that percentage may hold for 2013. Someone can figure out the ROI on that.

Biggest win of 2013 from a New England team - BC over Wake
Biggest win of both years from a New England team - UConn over Louisville

New England major college football is approaching the Mendoza line. A least BC gets a payout for 2-10, but it's pretty bad by any measure. Throw in NY and NJ and it's not so hot either.

Reaction Score
Conference realignment is to blame. New England and the northeast where doing OK back as recently as 5 years ago. UConn beats Notre Dame, South Carolina, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Indiana, Iowa State, Baylor. They play close games with UNC, and NC State. BC played in the first couple ACC championships if I remember correctly.

But conference realignment was allowed to turn college football into an Oligopoly and television decided that Georgia was the only program (along with Notre Dame) that should be on television. Television and our good community neighbor ESPN fueled the fire for this devastating change in the landscape. And, unfortunately, we don't have an Orrin Hatch (Senator from Utah) who will raise holy hell in Washington until Connecticut is giving a seat at the Big Boy table. The ironic thing is that BC blackballed UConn from the ACC when in fact, having a close by northern rival would have strengthened their position in the conference. Without that, they were a geographic outlier who was hardly paid attention to by its other brethren.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's as simple as chasing off Jags and hiring P. UMass is transitioning - All transitioning teams suck.

Reaction Score
Sacred Heart is doing well this year.

Reaction Score
Agree. Well stated.

BC's actions are ironic and I have thought the same thing for a long time. I see no point in trying to develop any kind of rivalry with them after all of this bad blood. It's fool's gold and all one sided. One thing is certain. BC will make money and survive. Not so sure about us. Or UMass.

When you sue the President of BC and the current ACC commissioner you're going to have a very tough time being admitted to the conference at a later date obviously. With Syracuse and Pitt there will be enough Northern teams in the ACC. BC is in the process of rebuilding after a bad hire and ended the season #10 in the Final Polls only 6 years ago.

Pretty sure BC is playing UMASS next year or in the very near future.

Reaction Score
You didn't mention Maine. The Black Bears may actually be the BEST football team in all of New England this year. They already have beaten one of the so called "Big Time" football programs this season.
Traditionally they've always seemed to field good teams that never got much if any exposure? I'd watch them closely if they put them on TV although I'd guess there limited by geography as far as making the next step would require? They seem to get more out of less there in Blackbear country !

Reaction Score
When you sue the President of BC and the current ACC commissioner you're going to have a very tough time being admitted to the conference at a later date obviously. With Syracuse and Pitt there will be enough Northern teams in the ACC. BC is in the process of rebuilding after a bad hire and ended the season #10 in the Final Polls only 6 years ago.

Isn’t BC and the ACC suing Maryland as we speak? Should Maryland and everyone in the B1G blackball BC. One can only hope.

Reaction Score

agree 1000% with this guy. And its the same dipwads in this state that keep voting that lying fraud Dick B back into office. Face it UC fans we have nobody to blame but ourselves

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Pitt, Syracuse, Virginia Tech also sued the ACC.

If a third party attempted to render your $100M dollar investment moot, while using a member of your association as a mole, you'd have to be a big puss to not sue.

BC in it's own words made it plain why UConn isn't in the ACC. They feared getting there ass kicked. Any talk of lawsuits is BC and ACC cravens attempting to talk smack with no sense of reality.

Reaction Score
its been almost 10 years and we still have this same debate.
cue the groundhog day clip...

Reaction Score
We need to focus recruiting in Florida and Texas MUCH more.

Reaction Score
its been almost 10 years and we still have this same debate.
cue the groundhog day clip...

I'll take Andie McDowell, you folks can debate New England college football.

Reaction Score
I'll take Andie McDowell, you folks can debate New England college football.

She is often seen wandering around Asheville NC. She is stunning, even at 55 and also surprisingly tall. I'd guess 5'7"-5'9".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom