Big test for Hurley tomorrow | The Boneyard

Big test for Hurley tomorrow

Reaction Score
Tyrique Jones, Bloomfield native, will be hard to handle down low. Only saving grace, he doesn’t stretch the floor, so Carleton can play the battle down low. His first half tonight against a tiny Townsend had him looking like a beast, but he missed a bunch of gummies in the second half, didn’t look like he had a lot of touch to finish.

Reaction Score
Hurley had trouble with back to backs last year due to lack of guard depth. Not a problem this year. More depth all around. 10 players contributed significant minutes tonight. Kids should be fresh tomorrow

Reaction Score
Xavier is a good team. And Danny had trouble with back-to-back games last year. This is a huge opportunity to turn the corner.
People were calling the win against Florida his "signature win" which I laughed at but this win could be his biggest so far.

Reaction Score
After last night I like our chances!!!! Team motto seems to be "We believe we can win!!!" I am a believer!!!!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Very good win last night and should have been a 20+ pt win if not for that Hurley era nemesis - Free Throws
I don't like the way DH reacts and coaches to the flow of the game and do not understand his substitution patterns
He is still overboard with his interaction and interest with the refs and he gets caught up in the atmosphere of the game and that takes his attention away from the details. - Akok sat for way too long in the 2nd half and there were times when a time out would have helped. His game management needs work. I am hoping he allows Tom Moore to help him in this area.
I applaud his exuberance with the players and his recruitment acumen is very good. You can tell the kids love working with him.
That being said, UConn has a chance tonight but the one thing that scares me is that Xavier has been in a season starting scoring slump (Coach Mack's assessment) and that offense is bound to awaken. UConn's defensive lapses set a good stage for that to happen. Xavier will be a huge test and they won't want to lose to a team that will be joining the league next season. Chris Mack is an outstanding coach and he will let his team know the importance of this match-up - as will DH, I am sure

Reaction Score
Very good win last night and should have been a 20+ pt win if not for that Hurley era nemesis - Free Throws
I don't like the way DH reacts and coaches to the flow of the game and do not understand his substitution patterns
He is still overboard with his interaction and interest with the refs and he gets caught up in the atmosphere of the game and that takes his attention away from the details. - Akok sat for way too long in the 2nd half and there were times when a time out would have helped. His game management needs work. I am hoping he allows Tom Moore to help him in this area.
I applaud his exuberance with the players and his recruitment acumen is very good. You can tell the kids love working with him.
That being said, UConn has a chance tonight but the one thing that scares me is that Xavier has been in a season starting scoring slump (Coach Mack's assessment) and that offense is bound to awaken. UConn's defensive lapses set a good stage for that to happen. Xavier will be a huge test and they won't want to lose to a team that will be joining the league next season. Chris Mack is an outstanding coach and he will let his team know the importance of this match-up - as will DH, I am sure

Dude, Chris Mack is now coaching Louisville.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
People were calling the win against Florida his "signature win" which I laughed at but this win could be his biggest so far.

This is a team that can really D you up. We have yet to face that, so it will be a good test

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

This post blows.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom