OT - Big Ten to Count UConn as fulfilling P5 opponent req. | The Boneyard

OT - Big Ten to Count UConn as fulfilling P5 opponent req.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Posted for BBall fans who don't check the football board or news.

"BYU, Army, Notre Dame, Cincinnati & UConn will count toward Big 10’s requirement of playing 1 non-league Power 5 opponent"

Old news on the football board, but, IMO, very relevant to CR in general. Considering our recent PP induced anemia, and our nascent Crazy BD led resurgence, I'd say this is fantastic news. We're not in the P5, but we're good enough to count in place of a P5.

Gotta crawl before you can walk.

Reaction Score
Yeah, there's no way to read this that isn't good. Either this is a way to build legitimacy and history with B1G schools before eventual inclusion...or the B1G and maybe other conferences that build in P5 scheduling requirements will keep us on their radar and allow us to have some marquee games to pitch to recruits (that UCF, USF, and a whole host of G5 schools can't).

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
According to ESPNs ticker we're left out...

F9mMICS.jpg

Reaction Score
Posted for BBall fans who don't check the football board or news.

"BYU, Army, Notre Dame, Cincinnati & UConn will count toward Big 10’s requirement of playing 1 non-league Power 5 opponent"

Old news on the football board, but, IMO, very relevant to CR in general. Considering our recent PP induced anemia, and our nascent Crazy BD led resurgence, I'd say this is fantastic news. We're not in the P5, but we're good enough to count in place of a P5.

Gotta crawl before you can walk.
You're like a drug dealer with this news. I was in CR rehab and now I will slowly relapse because of this thread.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
To me this sounds like "UConn is P5 when it comes to scheduling and name recognition, but is G5 when it comes to divying up the bowl games and TV contract money". Double standards, but a positive step, I guess.

Meanwhile, programs like Illinois, Wake, Northwestern, Oregon State, Vanderbilt, etc all get grandfathered into P5 perks, must be nice.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
DVR'd the Bayern Munich match and of course, I just saw that screen shot.....
I don't know why, but this just made me chuckle uncontrollably for a couple minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom