Big Ten cancels 2020 FB season (via Detroit Free Press) | The Boneyard

Big Ten cancels 2020 FB season (via Detroit Free Press)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Had a Syracuse friend poke fun at UConn’s decision last week.... I told him two weeks buddy, your season will be cancelled in two weeks.... and with this news that course seems to be on track.

Reaction Score
It’s a shame. It looks like the college football season is over for 2020. Once the Big announces their season is over the PAC will likely follow.

Reaction Score
I’m surprised to B1G was the first P5 conference to cancel. I would have guessed the PAC 12 would have been first. But this pretty much guarantees there’s no football in the fall.

Reaction Score
B1G was always going to be first. The SEC was always going to be last, if they cancel.

I think the will be downgraded from cancellation to postponement.

Reaction Score
100% cancelled or postponed possibly to the spring? I've seen both reported.

Reaction Score

"The presidents voted, 12-2, Sunday to end the fall sports in the conference. Michigan and Michigan State — which both has physicians as presidents — voted to end the season, sources said. Only Nebraska and Iowa voted to play, Dan Patrick said on his radio show Monday.

The sources requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly on the decision. A formal announcement is expected Tuesday, the sources said. However, the situation remains fluid as the Big Ten tries to coordinate its announcement with other Power Five conferences.

A message to confirm the presidents' vote has not yet been returned from the Big Ten office. The Chicago Tribune reported around noon that "a top-level" Big Ten source texted that, "No final decisions have been made," while the Columbus Dispatch reported as of 12:25 p.m. that Ohio State had not yet been ordered to suspend practices."

draper.jpg

Reaction Score
I guess the SEC could push back for another month. But, if kids get on campus and it starts to increase...no chance this gets pulled off.
College presidents are scared to death if this shutting down their school.

Reaction Score
Really going to hurt Big Ten communities financially....Bloomington, Ann Arbor, Columbus, Madison......
Painful to see but really the only option given current situation.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Really going to hurt Big Ten communities financially....Bloomington, Ann Arbor, Columbus, Madison......
Painful to see but really the only option given current situation.
Ann Arbor is really hurting, no hash bash in April, no art fair in July, and now no football

Reaction Score
I guess the SEC could push back for another month. But, if kids get on campus and it starts to increase...no chance this gets pulled off.
College presidents are scared to death if this shutting down their school.

They are also scared to death of being named a Defendant in a civil case when a probable first round draft pick gets sick and winds up on a ventilator or worse. The optics would not be very forgiving.

Reaction Score
No Brats in Madison on State Street
No beer on State Street is the bigger issue. But somehow I am betting the Badgers will find something to do that involves beer.

Reaction Score
No beer on State Street is the bigger issue. But somehow I am betting the Badgers will find something to do that involves beer.
Beer, Brats and Jump Around at Camp Randall
You are right -at least we are still drinking Lienenkugels in this country

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I was talking to someone who works for Mansfield Public Schools and the parents in that community are terrified of the students returning which should shock no one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom