Big Ten Adapts To Cord Cutting; BTN Expands Streaming Options | The Boneyard

Big Ten Adapts To Cord Cutting; BTN Expands Streaming Options

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Big Ten media days: BTN adapts to cord-cutting, expanding to Internet streaming services

Big Ten Network president Mark Silverman kicked off the 2017 Big Ten media days Monday with a quick rundown of updates and advancements in the network.

>> BTN will be available on Hulu, YouTube TV, Playstation Vue, Sling and DirecTV Now — all over-the-top, Internet broadcasters — coming in the fall, a decision that addresses the declining numbers in cable subscribers, particularly those younger Americans who are “cutting the cord” or not signing up for cable at all.

>> BTN games will be televised on the Fox Sports Go app as well as the BTN2Go app.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Is this where we try to figure out how many UConn fans would pay $5 a month for BTN streaming if UConn were in the B1G?

Is it 100k? 500k? 1M?

Or $6M, $30M, $60M in fees.

What is clear is that UConn needs to get its rights back and produce it's own content.

Reaction Score
Is this where we try to figure out how many UConn fans would pay $5 a month for BTN streaming if UConn were in the B1G?

Is it 100k? 500k? 1M?

Or $6M, $30M, $60M in fees.

What is clear is that UConn needs to get its rights back and produce it's own content.

It's expensive to produce your own content, otherwise more schools would do it.

Reaction Score
To paraphrase John: That's why we need Emily to be the face of UConn athletics...:cool:

Reaction Score
The B1G has set itself up nicely for the future, regardless of how we will be watching college sports in the future.

Reaction Score
The B1G has set itself up nicely for the future, regardless of how we will be watching college sports in the future.
It appears to me that they will have no need to expand with anyone.

Reaction Score
I may be different from most..but I love to watch college football....teams from many conferences,

And I don't mind paying a premium for that entertainment...every weekend in season is a playoff of sorts...lose a game (like Penn State to Pitt) and you may be out.

I like the game, I like the up and down movements and I look forward all late winter, spring and summer to the season openers.

Reaction Score
I may be different from most..but I love to watch college football....teams from many conferences,

And I don't mind paying a premium for that entertainment...every weekend in season is a playoff of sorts...lose a game (like Penn State to Pitt) and you may be out.

I like the game, I like the up and down movements and I look forward all late winter, spring and summer to the season openers.

Actually, that's called being a football fan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom