Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Home visit today battles and Briscoe.

Last edited:

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Good to see we are still pursuing Battle. Felt like we had cooled down for awhile.
Felt the same way and I'm happy we're still pursuing but now it seems like every high major school is after him...his game is so smooth

Reaction Score
I know we're biased but its hard to not think of Ollie that way. He says all the right things about whats important and how you earn what you get, and how can you argue with his success, since he didn't lead a team bursting at the seams with talent to a championship, he took an underdog group to the tournament, showed them what they had to do to beat each team that ended up on the plate, and knew they could execute.

To me, unless you get unstoppable performances from a top NBA draft pick to carry a team far game after game, if you take an unheralded and doubted squad deep in the tournament, not even as champions, you prove that you are a far better than average college coach

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Right now it's tough for me to envision any recruit or any parent not liking KO. He really does have it all, he was already a dangerous recruiter and now that he's armed with a NC title to boot we should expect some monster recruiting hauls in the years to come.

In KO we trust

Reaction Score
I know we're biased but its hard to not think of Ollie that way. He says all the right things about whats important and how you earn what you get, and how can you argue with his success, since he didn't lead a team bursting at the seams with talent to a championship, he took an underdog group to the tournament, showed them what they had to do to beat each team that ended up on the plate, and knew they could execute.

To me, unless you get unstoppable performances from a top NBA draft pick to carry a team far game after game, if you take an unheralded and doubted squad deep in the tournament, not even as champions, you prove that you are a far better than average college coach
Best part about KO is he walks his talk. Sadly there are all these families out here who can't see the plain obvious truth that Cal is all talk. Ask anyone in the NBA or who has met KO and you will hear invariably that he is the personification of class. You ask them about Cal.....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Right now it's tough for me to envision any recruit or any parent not liking KO. He really does have it all, he was already a dangerous recruiter and now that he's armed with a NC title to boot we should expect some monster recruiting hauls in the years to come.

In KO we trust

I think the only possible valid reasons to spurn UConn and KO would be 1) you want to get paid and I really hope we aren't doing that to get guys, or 2) you are loosely or heavily not religious and wouldn't want to always hear about God this and God that. KO is a definite preacher man, and I think this will help more than hurt our recruiting, but if it was me that was a high level recruit at 16 years old, I wouldn't want to play for a coach and rest of team that was heavily religulous. It would likely get annoying at a certain point

Reaction Score
I think the only possible valid reasons to spurn UConn and KO would be 1) you want to get paid and I really hope we aren't doing that to get guys, or 2) you are loosely or heavily not religious and wouldn't want to always hear about God this and God that. KO is a definite preacher man, and I think this will help more than hurt our recruiting, but if it was me that was a high level recruit at 16 years old, I wouldn't want to play for a coach and rest of team that was heavily religulous. It would likely get annoying at a certain point

How about you don't want to play in a conference with East Carolina and Tulane? You want to be in a city? You want to go to a smaller school? You live 3,000 miles away and want to stay closer to home? You want to go to some place like Carolina or UK and be treated like a god and get all the media heat that comes with those programs? You want to play for the coach of USA Basketball?

There are plenty of valid reasons not to go to UConn. First among them being the American Athletic Conference. It's silly to say that the only possible reasons kids go elsewhere is that they're getting paid or KO is too religious.

Reaction Score
How about you don't want to play in a conference with East Carolina and Tulane? You want to be in a city? You want to go to a smaller school? You live 3,000 miles away and want to stay closer to home? You want to go to some place like Carolina or UK and be treated like a god and get all the media heat that comes with those programs? You want to play for the coach of USA Basketball?

There are plenty of valid reasons not to go to UConn. First among them being the American Athletic Conference. It's silly to say that the only possible reasons kids go elsewhere is that they're getting paid or KO is too religious.
Of course, the best reason to come to UCONN… Championships.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Shhh

Reaction Score

In KO we trust
It really makes me question what someon like Squid is selling down in UK that a kid would choose to play for him over someone like Coach Ollie.

Reaction Score

Well then it's a good thing we play out of conference games.

Reaction Score
"Championships are expected..."

He gets the best payers in the country and hasn't won more than KO...........that's funny stuff!

OVERRATED

Reaction Score
It really makes me question what someon like Squid is selling down in UK that a kid would choose to play for him over someone like Coach Ollie.

I hate uk but they have a ton to offer the kids. (Some above board)
they are a blue blood
tons of money
new facilities
huge donors
tons of tv time
great rivalries
nba scouts etc
draft history in the last 4 years
dirty cal making deals
a ring in the last few years with a deep run the last 5 years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, they have Kentucky basketball to offer. That's like asking why anyone would want to play football at Alabama.

Reaction Score
We have KO, 4 titles, a new practice facility, a dozen guys in the NBA, a strong out of conference schedule and a very nice campus. All of that lessens the impact of playing in the AAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom