Big Poll Opportunity Week Ahead for UConn | The Boneyard

Big Poll Opportunity Week Ahead for UConn

Reaction Score
Many of y’all are ticked off by your preseason poll position. Well, here’s an early opportunity to jump as high as #2.

Monday:
Texas @ UConn
Probably doesn’t need Indiana to beat Tennessee but that game is Monday too.

Sunday:
NC State @ UConn
SCar at Stanford
Maryland at Baylor

Win both games and you are number 3 at least. If South Carolina beats Stanford, your two good wins could jump you over Stanford to number 2.

If Stanford wins, you might not jump SCar -if Maryland wins, - but if Baylor beats Maryland you could.

Good luck . . . Sorta’.

BTW: Creighton/ Nebraska’s game next week could be a good one.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
By Monday night we could be considered number 3, since Tennessee forfeited their high ranking with a loss, and of course Texas is ahead of us in the polls. Of course the voting has to wait until the next week, after Sunday's game with NC State, and the big 1 vs 2 matchup between South Carolina and Stanford.

I believe South Carolina and Stanford are rightfully considered a notch above the next tier. If that is the case and their game is close, the loser may still be able to hang on to a number 2 rating. If that game is decisive, and Uconn has a big victory over NC State, who knows.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
:eek:Why would you want to put this out there in the universe?

Karma Karmas A Bitch GIF by SVU

Reaction Score
Where we are in the polls doesn't matter at this time.When we have a few more wins and no losses will be a better way to look at the polls. Right now ,the higher ranked team respect us , but don't fear us. When we mesh into the juggernaut that we are, that's what I want, FEAR. The way we used to be. The opposing team knew they were going to lose,but all they could do was try to keep the score to a 30 point loss. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
By the way, a big shout out to one of our Big East schools, Creighton for winning two games in South Dakota this week. At #23 South Dakota St and also South Dakota....next up home for Nebraska on Tuesday.

Reaction Score
By the way, a big shout out to one of our Big East schools, Creighton for winning two games in South Dakota this week. At #23 South Dakota St and also South Dakota....next up home for Nebraska on Tuesday.
I’m ready to bump Creighton up in the Boneyarf Poll. They could be sitting pretty by then if they beat Nebraska

sun

Reaction Score
Iowa could be playing either UConn or Duke on Nov. 27th.
It depends on who wins.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
Many of y’all are ticked off by your preseason poll position. Well, here’s an early opportunity to jump as high as #2.

Monday:
Texas @ UConn

Sunday:
NC State @ UConn
SCar at Stanford
Maryland at Baylor

Win both games and you are number 3 at least. If South Carolina beats Stanford, your two good wins could jump you over Stanford to number 2.

If Stanford wins, you might not jump SCar -if Maryland wins, - but if Baylor beats Maryland you could.

Good luck . . . Sorta’.

And what is so great about the rankings. In my opinion they are so biased, and as Geno says, you still have to play the games, no matter what the ranking is.

Reaction Score
And what is so great about the rankings. In my opinion they are so biased, and as Geno says, you still have to play the games, no matter what the ranking is.
I do not disagree with you, but the preseason rankings generated some outrage in this board.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
I do not disagree with you, but the preseason rankings generated some outrage in this board.
And it should have. My point, biased rankings. I watched Tennessee play, they are not a top 10 team, and they do not look like a number one seed. But, if you are Charley Creme, you can see as far as next March. ?

Reaction Score
Not outrage so much as bemused resignation. It doesn't hurt our chances, so much as gives an unearned advantage to the Power Five conferences. Tennessee is a perfect example. Creighton would probably beat them if they played this week, lol.

Reaction Score
Not outrage so much as bemused resignation. It doesn't hurt our chances, so much as gives an unearned advantage to the Power Five conferences. Tennessee is a perfect example. Creighton would probably beat them if they played this week, lol.
Actually, the pre season rankings, including the "way too early rankings" put out soon after the NC game, ALWAYS get the attention of the BY. Many are "outraged", some are just miffed, and some say. "Mehhh"... but the conversation is always "lively."

Go Huskies

Reaction Score

Monday:
Texas @ UConn

Sunday:
NC State @ UConn
SCar at Stanford
Maryland at Baylor

Good luck . . . Sorta’.

The AP poll is a bogus measuring tool, especially at this time of year. How did they ever think Tenn was a FF-level team? People get fired for making decisions like that but the AP ppanel will be with us until February. But then I know you Gamecock fans put great stock in the AP so I understand your post. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Just a stray reflection on the SC-MD game, two opponents we’ll be playing soon:

on MD, their defense seems almost nonexistent. I wonder how Abby Meyers feels about it. This seems like an unsustainable situation.

On SC, Raven Johnson looks pretty good at pg, though I also wonder how many minutes she can do just yet. More intriguing to me was how well Amihere played, including long stretches when she was effectively running the offense from the point and not just on the break. I was dubious about the idea that she could be a pg last year. But this year she seems to be more credible in this role than Haley Jones was for Stanford last year.

Reaction Score
In my view the early season polls are quite literally simple marketing. An attempt to pump up viewership (and thus ad revenue) in certain markets. I don't take them seriously.

Reaction Score
only among the casual. true disciples of Geno regard rankings with the Sunday funnies; fun to read, but won't base any decisions on them.

Reaction Score
Like I always say, I do not worry about the polls until April, after the NCAA tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom