Big Little Lies | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big Little Lies

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nicole Kidman is so good that she is blowing away an incredible cast that includes Meryl Streep.

I actually like this season better than last season. I am surprised they got two seasons out of this show with that cast, and I suspect that scheduling a third season was virtually impossible.

Reaction Score
Nicole Kidman is so good that she is blowing away an incredible cast that includes Meryl Streep.

I actually like this season better than last season. I am surprised they got two seasons out of this show with that cast, and I suspect that scheduling a third season was virtually impossible.
article I read said that Streep and Kidman were impossible to get back for 3rd season.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This season is so good that I can almost tolerate Laura Dern's scene chewing. Almost.

Reaction Score
I feel like this season is a let down. Maybe a 6/10 if I am being generous. Apparently there was a ton of drama between the director and showrunner with the director getting frozen out and late reshoots and it shows.

Reaction Score
This season has been great. Bonnie's "I resent you" confession in the last episode was amazing for anyone who has not had the perfect relationship with family. Some people have had everything go well in life and it is all happy memories but this show plumbs the other side. I am looking forward to Celeste getting Streep on the stand.

Reaction Score
I still have a hard time with the premise behind this season. There was really no reason for these woman to lie about the incident at the stairs. I find it hard to believe the investigator would follow these girls around for this long looking to break a case where a psycho women-beater rapist was assaulting multiple women and then fell down the stairs. Is the 'gotcha' moment going to be, 'yeah, the Kravitz chick pushed him down as it looked it he was going to beat them to death. We got scared and in the heat of the moment changed the story to protect her'? Ok, let's put the abused woman in jail and hand her kids over to the psycho's mom...job well done!

There are parts of the show i do like. I think this upcoming episode will be interesting with the court battle.

Reaction Score
I still have a hard time with the premise behind this season. There was really no reason for these woman to lie about the incident at the stairs. I find it hard to believe the investigator would follow these girls around for this long looking to break a case where a psycho women-beater rapist was assaulting multiple women and then fell down the stairs. Is the 'gotcha' moment going to be, 'yeah, the Kravitz chick pushed him down as it looked it he was going to beat them to death. We got scared and in the heat of the moment changed the story to protect her'? Ok, let's put the abused woman in jail and hand her kids over to the psycho's mom...job well done!

There are parts of the show i do like. I think this upcoming episode will be interesting with the court battle.

I was curious how Celeste was a lawyer and we never heard about it - looked it up, and in the book Celeste is actually a VERY good and high-powered attorney, and had given up her career because Perry essentially made her do so. Not sure the TV show ever really laid this out.

Reaction Score
I was curious how Celeste was a lawyer and we never heard about it - looked it up, and in the book Celeste is actually a VERY good and high-powered attorney, and had given up her career because Perry essentially made her do so. Not sure the TV show ever really laid this out.

They set that up a little bit when Celeste did some pro bono work in season one.

Reaction Score
Sarah Jessica Parker is a million times more annoying than Laura Dern.

I think Dern has played a bigger range of roles and plays them differently. She’s no Kidman though.

Most interesting thing things this season are what Ed may or may not do. He should just do it and then immediately tell Madeline and be like “it’s not you it’s me and I was ”. And the bankruptcy.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It was like a checklist of middle-aged women's fantasies:

1) Defeating your Mother-in-law in a trial over literally who is a better mother (Nicole Kidman's plot arc) - check
2) Act like a complete B but your husband forgives you and loves you unconditionally anyway (Reece Witherspoon arc) - check
3) Hot young guy wants you and is super patient despite tons of going on in your life (Woodley arc) - check
4) Freak out and destroy your husband's stuff (Laura Dern) - check. Note: after a promising start, Dern's husband in the show had become a two dimensional soap opera villain.
5) Blaming your mother for all the crap in your life, having your father agree with you, reconciling with your mother, then dumping your doofus husband (Kravitz) - check

Conclusions 1 and 3 above made a little sense. 2 made no sense at all.

4 was a silly and predictable conclusion for that plot arc that didn't really wrap it up at all. I think it would have been more interesting if Dern's character had somehow hidden money away, or was part of the scheme with her husband, than just have her freak out, AGAIN.

Kravitz was more interesting when she was a free spirit in Season 1, and the long, drawn out internal fight over her mother's memory while her mom was in a coma was boring. It would have been much more interesting if the feud with the mom lasted longer and the stroke didn't happen until the final episode.

Reaction Score

1) Defeating your Mother-in-law in a trial over literally who is a better mother (Nicole Kidman's plot arc) - check
2) Act like a complete B but your husband forgives you and loves you unconditionally anyway (Reece Witherspoon arc) - check
3) Hot young guy wants you and is super patient despite tons of going on in your life (Woodley arc) - check
4) Freak out and destroy your husband's stuff (Laura Dern) - check. Note: after a promising start, Dern's husband in the show had become a two dimensional soap opera villain.
5) Blaming your mother for all the crap in your life, having your father agree with you, reconciling with your mother, then dumping your doofus husband (Kravitz) - check

4 was a silly and predictable conclusion for that plot arc that didn't really wrap it up at all. I think it would have been more interesting if Dern's character had somehow hidden money away, or was part of the scheme with her husband, than just have her freak out, AGAIN.

Kravitz was more interesting when she was a free spirit in Season 1, and the long, drawn out internal fight over her mother's memory while her mom was in a coma was boring. It would have been much more interesting if the feud with the mom lasted longer and the stroke didn't happen until the final episode.
It was too tidy of an ending for an untidy storyline. Some of the episode was satisfying, but in total it was pretty disappointing

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

iN wInE aNd YOgA pANts wItH mY DoG

I agree not much about anything going on makes a ton of sense. Mainly...WHY WOULD YOU LIE

As much as this show pissed me off the performances were so damn good most of the time

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom