big gets rocked | The Boneyard

big gets rocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tough day for the big. Michigan State, Ohio State, Michigan, Purdue going down hard along with northwestern . The 2 state schools got smacked , Nebraska just pulls it out. What about Memphis giving u cla a big scare. Some strange scores Saturday.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Big 10 is already behind the 8 ball in terms of getting a team in the playoffs. While it is only the second week, many teams are already half way through their non conference schedule, and the Big 10 looks weak overall compared to the other P5.

Reaction Score
I think it's safe to say that no B1G team will make the final 4 playoff, things could change, but losses like today will influence the perception of the selection committee that will most likely be SEC slanted.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I tried explaining why Big Ten football is going down the toilet in the offseason, are people starting to see it now?

Reaction Score
Nebraska got lucky. That play by Abdullah was incredible. Barely got them by McNeese St.

Reaction Score
Iowa was on the verge of losing to Ball St. too.

Can't remember a day when a conference was shattered like that.

So much for the Final Four this year for the B1G.

Reaction Score
Nebraska got lucky. That play by Abdullah was incredible. Barely got them by McNeese St.
I decided to catch some of that game last night because I was intrigued by the score. McNeese State could compete for the conference championship in this league. The had playmaking athletes all over both sides of the ball. They're coaches brought a cornerback blitz that forced a fumble on the play before the abdullah TD. They are a good team.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Iowa was on the verge of losing to Ball St. too.

Can't remember a day when a conference was shattered like that.

So much for the Final Four this year for the B1G.

The AAC every other week?

This wasn't actually a stellar week either for the American, 0-7 against FBS teams. By a total of about 130 points net.

Reaction Score
I think it's safe to say that no B1G team will make the final 4 playoff, things could change, but losses like today will influence the perception of the selection committee that will most likely be SEC slanted.
I heard a guy on the XM college football station say this morning that the AAC could be just as good as the Big 10 this year.

Reaction Score
The AAC every other week?

This wasn't actually a stellar week either for the American, 0-7 against FBS teams. By a total of about 130 points net.

I wouldn't characterize ECU's play at South Carolina as bad. And I thought I'd never say this, but Memphis and Temple competed against decent teams. I can't count Maryland as good, but USF was ahead until the fourth quarter. Houston came back after embarrassing itself last week. SMU, WT*, I guess they are a basketball school now. Having said all that, at the end of the day, the AAC did come up short on some credibility-building opportunities.

Reaction Score
UT-Austin played very good and competitively against Arizona. I wouldn't count Houston out of finishing in top four in AAC. Their loss to UT-Austin was not as disasterous as it seems.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UT-Austin played very good and competitively against Arizona. I wouldn't count Houston out of finishing in top four in AAC. Their loss to UT-Austin was not as disasterous as it seems.

It's UTSA and yes Houston is hardly doomed they have a really good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom