Big East will be down new year, UConn could sneak a NCAA bid | The Boneyard

Big East will be down new year, UConn could sneak a NCAA bid

Reaction Score
Next year the Big East men's basketball conf. will not have a dominate team so they will beat each other up and they could get 3 bids. Top 5 teams (Villa, UConn, ST. Johns, G-Town, and Seton Hall). I do think Akok was being saved for next year to be fully healthy but they do need another polished big man to be the team to beat in Big East next year though.

Reaction Score
With the transfer rules as they are UConn needs to land a high impact transfer. Bouknight proves the spotlight is there still for UConn players so lets go grab a stud DH to join the returning guys & incoming freshman. No reason we can't be a top 25 team next year.

Reaction Score
I think the league will be much tougher next year, possibly loaded depending on two coaching hires. We need to improve to keep pace and I think we will.

Reaction Score
Next year the Big East men's basketball conf. will not have a dominate team so they will beat each other up and they could get 3 bids. Top 5 teams (Villa, UConn, ST. Johns, G-Town, and Seton Hall). I do think Akok was being saved for next year to be fully healthy but they do need another polished big man to be the team to beat in Big East next year though.
Just wanted to reply to this because I was super confused about who villa was...thought this was the EPL for a second...

Reaction Score
Creighton is losing quite a few seniors, so i’m curious to see if Zegarowski comes back for his senior year. I think he will, but you never know.

Nova will be good, but a very young team. They usually operate based on seniority and I think it will be different next year. A part of me can see Gillespie using his extra year of eligibility.

I think St. John’s and Georgetown are only going to get better next year.

The top spot is going to be up for grabs. My personal favorites to take it would be UConn and Nova because I am hesitant of Creighton with all the seniors they are losing.

It’s hard to tell cause schools like Xavier, Providence, and SHU are going to have to add some pieces in the off-season, so i’m curious to see how they stack up on the recruiting trail.

Reaction Score
Creighton is losing quite a few seniors, so i’m curious to see if Zegarowski comes back for his senior year. I think he will, but you never know.

Nova will be good, but a very young team. They usually operate based on seniority and I think it will be different next year. A part of me can see Gillespie using his extra year of eligibility.

I think St. John’s and Georgetown are only going to get better next year.

The top spot is going to be up for grabs. My personal favorites to take it would be UConn and Nova because I am hesitant of Creighton with all the seniors they are losing.

It’s hard to tell cause schools like Xavier, Providence, and SHU are going to have to add some pieces in the off-season, so i’m curious to see how they stack up on the recruiting trail.
Duke is one to watch for providence. With watson already announcing he'll be back that'd be 2 1st team BE caliber guys coming back...still not a whole lot around them but they have the ability to win (or lose) games by themselves

Reaction Score
Duke is one to watch for providence. With watson already announcing he'll be back that'd be 2 1st team BE caliber guys coming back...still not a whole lot around them but they have the ability to win (or lose) games by themselves
Watson coming back is HUGE for them. I still think they need a couple more pieces this off-season, but if Duke stays, they could be a lot better next year than they were this year.

There’s so many unknowns with every single team so it’s hard to predict what will happen next season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom