Big East Tournament ticket advice | The Boneyard

Big East Tournament ticket advice

Reaction Score
Just booked a room for Friday and Saturday night for the BET, and I'm fired up. Only question now is: How the heck do I get into MSG?

I don't want to leave anything open ended for Friday's game (if we don't lose Thursday ), so I will definitely be buying my ticket ahead of time for that game, either through UConn or elsewhere. What do y'all recommend for the championship game, if we advance? Should I play it by ear and try to buy a ticket from someone whose team got eliminated? Any scams I should look out for?

Reaction Score
Just booked a room for Friday and Saturday night for the BET, and I'm fired up. Only question now is: How the heck do I get into MSG?

I don't want to leave anything open ended for Friday's game (if we don't lose Thursday ), so I will definitely be buying my ticket ahead of time for that game, either through UConn or elsewhere. What do y'all recommend for the championship game, if we advance? Should I play it by ear and try to buy a ticket from someone whose team got eliminated? Any scams I should look out for?
market floods as teams get elimnated. Use a regular ticket service like Stub Hub to avoid scams.

Reaction Score
market floods as teams get elimnated. Use a regular ticket service like Stub Hub to avoid scams.
Yeah, at this point I'm leaning toward waiting until the last minute to get tickets. As you say, thousands of people who were hoping to attend Friday night will selling their tickets, and thousands of people who hoped to be buying tickets for Friday (and Saturday) will be leaving the market. So, in theory, it's a perfect storm for dropping prices.

Does anyone know if it has actually played out that way in past years? I.e. Do the ticket prices drop noticeably after the day 1 and day 2 games?

Reaction Score
Yeah, at this point I'm leaning toward waiting until the last minute to get tickets. As you say, thousands of people who were hoping to attend Friday night will selling their tickets, and thousands of people who hoped to be buying tickets for Friday (and Saturday) will be leaving the market. So, in theory, it's a perfect storm for dropping prices.

Does anyone know if it has actually played out that way in past years? I.e. Do the ticket prices drop noticeably after the day 1 and day 2 games?
Years ago tickets were easy to get if you stalked losing team fans as they left, if you waited till day of prices were higher.

Reaction Score
Back then they had what they called "paper" tickets.
Your point - a ticket is a ticket - electronic or paper. Still need to get it somewhere.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Your point - a ticket is a ticket - electronic or paper. Still need to get it somewhere.
I think his point is about scams. I grew up so close to the city and while at UConn and after I went to numerous BET games and would wait for other schools to lose and get tickets outside. It was more comforting having a paper ticket vs electronic.

Reaction Score
I think his point is about scams. I grew up so close to the city and while at UConn and after I went to numerous BET games and would wait for other schools to lose and get tickets outside. It was more comforting having a paper ticket vs electronic.
I agree - also their team just lost and they just want out of there - there were people who checked out of their hotel and took off. Get em before they have a chance to think about making money off of them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom