Marq 6-1
UConn 4-3
Creighton 4-3

X has not played a top team on the road, they're unbeaten

PC's 1 loss was at Creighton

Marquetes 1 loss was at PC

UConn's losses were @ X and @ PC and @ Marq

Creighton's losses were @ Uconn, @ Marq and @ X

Seriously, do people look at the standings and not see a trend? Somebody will eventually break that trend, but it's still an absolute truth that difficulty of schedule means something. Especially early in the season

Last year, PC won their first BE regular season title, I think they had 4 of their toughest games cancelled. The schedule matters

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Home court is huge. The top 5 teams are unbeaten at home in BE play. UConn and Providence are undefeated at home overall.

Reaction Score
X 6-0
PC 6-1
Marq 6-1
UConn 4-3
Creighton 4-3

X has not played a top team on the road, they're unbeaten

PC's 1 loss was at Creighton

Marquetes 1 loss was at PC

UConn's losses were @ X and @ PC and @ Marq

Creighton's losses were @ Uconn, @ Marq and @ X

Seriously, do people look at the standings and not see a trend? Somebody will eventually break that trend, but it's still an absolute truth that difficulty of schedule means something. Especially early in the season

Last year, PC won their first BE regular season title, I think they had 4 of their toughest games cancelled. The schedule matters
Excellent post.

Nothing but props to Cooley and PC though. He did a great job last year and did a fantastic job bringing in talent through the transfer portal. PC is definitely a strength of the conference.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I’m on the record saying the Big East will finish with a 4 way tie for 1st place. All road losses to the top teams.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I’m on the record saying the Big East will finish with a 4 way tie for 1st place. All road losses to the top teams.
No.

We'll win at Creighton. That will be the difference.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Excellent post.

Nothing but props to Cooley and PC though. He did a great job last year and did a fantastic job bringing in talent through the transfer portal. PC is definitely a strength of the conference.
No disrespect towards PC intended.

Reaction Score
No disrespect towards PC intended.
Your post was spot on, teams that hold serve on their home court get rewarded in the short term.

I'm just happy to see Cooley and PC doing well, especially with other old school programs like Georgetown and Seton Hall faltering.

Reaction Score
I think the winner will be whoever gets 2 away wins out of this group not including themselves.
@ Xavier
@ UConn
@ Providence
@ Marquette
@ Creighton
@ Nova (I know they stink but still tough place to win)

So far…
Xavier is 1-0 (Nova, so the “easiest” one)
UConn is 0-3
Providence is 0-1
Marquette is 0-1
Creighton is 0-2

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
1) UConn, PC, Xavier, Marquette, Creighton - Home record of 16-0
2) Villanova, Butler, Seton Hall, SJU - Home Record of 6-7
3) Depaul, GTown - Home record of 2-5

There are 12 intra-tier games, and the home team is 12-0 in those games.

It is weird how few upsets the league has had, and how dominant the home court has been. Take Georgetown, which has 4 of the home losses, out of the equation, and the home team is 24-8.

The good news for UConn is that they have played 3 of their 4 hardest games already, with the road games at Xavier, Marquette, and Providence already played.

I was going to start a new thread, but I will put this here. That post is from Wednesday night.

I originally started tracking this because I was concerned with a home cooking problem with officials, and that is the most likely explanation. But another reason could be that the Big East teams, with the possible exception of UConn, don't have big highs or lows. They are steady teams that show up every night, and give their best effort, whatever that is. There is not a lot of volatility in performance with Marquette or Providence or even Seton Hall, or most of the schools. They might not be able to beat the top teams in the country, but they don't show up and lay an egg. This makes them tough to beat at home. They aren't going to blow it for you.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think the winner will be whoever gets 2 away wins out of this group not including themselves.
@ Xavier
@ UConn
@ Providence
@ Marquette
@ Creighton
@ Nova (I know they stink but still tough place to win)

So far…
Xavier is 1-0 (Nova, so the “easiest” one)
UConn is 0-3
Providence is 0-1
Marquette is 0-1
Creighton is 0-2

Villanova? That team has home losses to Marquette and Xavier, and road losses to Butler and Depaul. They are no longer in the mix to be one of the top teams in the league. Just because they have too much 4 star talent to get blown out doesn't mean they are suddenly going to start winning.

MJ1

Reaction Score
Your post was spot on, teams that hold serve on their home court get rewarded in the short term.

I'm just happy to see Cooley and PC doing well, especially with other old school programs like Georgetown and Seton Hall faltering.
Seton Hall has won 4 in a row, there offense is starting to catch up to their defense.

Reaction Score
Villanova? That team has home losses to Marquette and Xavier, and road losses to Butler and Depaul. They are no longer in the mix to be one of the top teams in the league. Just because they have too much 4 star talent to get blown out doesn't mean they are suddenly going to start winning.
My point isn’t that they are a contender, just that it’s a tough place to win and you’re going to have to win there if you want to win the BE crown

MJ1

Reaction Score
Three on a row.

To Butler, @ Georgetown, @DePaul. Maybe it's real, but it isn't exactly murderers row
My bad, won 4 of there last 5. My point is they beat Rutgers and Memphis in non conference and they are playing much better in conference now and will not be an easy win for anyone the rest of the way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom