St. Peter's at St. John's (NY) 7pm FS2 - Pat O'Keefe and Tarik Turner
Line: St. John’s -10.5

CCSU at Connecticut 8pm FS1 - Greg Wolf, Donny Marshall
Line: Connecticut -26

Villanova vs. Boston College 9:30pm ESPN - Jon Sciambi, Jay Bilas
Line: Villanova-15.5

Arkansas Pine Bluff at Marquette 10pm FS1 - Jeff Levering, Dickey Simpkins

Reaction Score
Curious about announcers to distract me from trembling that nothing goes amiss with just hours to go:
Is Vince Welch any relation to Tim Welch?
Is Greg Wolf any relation to Dennis Wolf?
John Fanta is the interviewee posted a couple of days ago.
He is paired with Vin Parise - Wasn't he the Boston area AAU power broker/coach years ago?
Lastly, Monica McNutt? I am apparently as juvenile as ever :)

Reaction Score
Curious about announcers to distract me from trembling that nothing goes amiss with just hours to go:
Is Vince Welch any relation to Tim Welch?
Is Greg Wolf any relation to Dennis Wolf?
John Fanta is the interviewee posted a couple of days ago.
He is paired with Vin Parise - Wasn't he the Boston area AAU power broker/coach years ago?
Lastly, Monica McNutt? I am apparently as juvenile as ever :)
Saw that too. Hilarious name. I’m gonna google her now to see what she looks like. Lol. Yes I know , very juvenile.

Reaction Score
Initial Xavier thoughts:

*Odom is EXPLOSIVE
*Nate Johnson is a bigger guard than I expected
*Griffin (a D2 transfer) is a long big with a wide base. No wonder he led D2 in rebounding (14.5 rpg).
* Freemantle is acting like the leader of this team. He's going to be a pain in our butts for the next three seasons.

Reaction Score
Xavier is looking tough. Hope we come out with this kind of dog in us.

Reaction Score
Looks like we need to step out and guard Tandy, wow. 5 threes so far. I assume he's leading the nation in three point shooting so far this season. ;) Wilcher out for protocol. He can shoot as well. Also like Xavier scoreboard tracking stops and kills. With fans that would be really motivating. The cardboard fans seem really into it. 53-12 at half

Last edited:

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I just turned the game at the end.... nice to see college basketball back.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
not Big East, but i just saw that the Shockers have a bunch of COVID positives, Bummer, I was hoping to see Al in action soon.

Reaction Score
Providence picked to finish ahead of us...

tumblr_ppyx4nkrOB1r2pp2to1_500.gif

Reaction Score
Couldn't believe my ears. Fairfield has a transfer from Richmond AND a transfer from Rice that have both been rejected for immediate eligibility? Are they the only transfers that have been refused? They must have tripped old ladies crossing the street or threatened brownies. Given all the approved transfers, what could the possible logic be that negatively distinguishes these guys?

Reaction Score
Couldn't believe my ears. Fairfield has a transfer from Richmond AND a transfer from Rice that have both been rejected for immediate eligibility? Are they the only transfers that have been refused? They must have tripped old ladies crossing the street or threatened brownies. Given all the approved transfers, what could the possible logic be that negatively distinguishes these guys?
Yeah, I heard that too. Butler today was told that they won't have their waiver removed for Bo Hodges either. Xavier's waiver for Ben Stanley failed too: that one is messed up since a reason Stanley picked Xavier is because they have a program that offers smaller in-person classes that help cater to his learning needs.

Simple solution for this year: let any transfer player whose team files a waiver play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Man, I don't even know if Darnell Rogers is even 5'2. Incredible to watch him play...easily the shortest player I've ever watched!

Man, Wahab is slow. I can see Bouknight getting to the basket easily against Georgetown and I can see Whaley having big games against the Hoyas.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Man, I don't even know if Darnell Rogers is even 5'2. Incredible to watch him play...easily the shortest player I've ever watched!

Man, Wahab is slow. I can see Bouknight getting to the basket easily against Georgetown and I can see Whaley having big games against the Hoyas.

I was wondering if Darnell Rogers is the shortest player to ever play in the NCAA division I ... he looks like a midget out there, but quick.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Georgetown looked pretty bad in the few minutes I saw.

I haven't seen Dickey Simpkins call a game in a while. Is it still Must-See TV?

Reaction Score
I was wondering if Darnell Rogers is the shortest player to ever play in the NCAA division I ... he looks like a midget out there, but quick.
On the polar opposite end of the spectrum, just turned on the Purdue game and they have 7'4 285 freshman Zach Edey. Already 11 points, moves well for a giant and looks like he knows the game well.

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
@tcf15 im stuck at work until 11pm. I’m trying to decide if I listen to it on radio or Ignore everything and watch it once I get home. What time do you expect there to be a replay available online? Thanks for all you do man

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Nova struggling with BC attacking them off the dribble in first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom