Big East Rescheduled Games | The Boneyard

Big East Rescheduled Games

Reaction Score
Big East has begun rescheduling games, not cancelling them, I expect UConn Xavier will be announced soon

The BIG EAST has announced the rescheduling of three games.
Seton Hall at DePaul – Thursday, January 13, 5 p.m. ET, TV: FS1
(originally scheduled on December 23)

St. John’s at Seton Hall – Monday, January 24 (at Walsh Gym), 9 p.m. ET, TV: FS1
(originally scheduled on December 20)

Creighton at DePaul – Thursday, February 17, 10 p.m. ET, TV: CBS Sports Network
(originally scheduled on December 20)

Reaction Score
If Saturdays game get's canceled (I'm assuming it will) what will happen if they can't get XL for the make up? Wonder how it would work with tickets if they had to play it at Gampel.

Reaction Score
If Saturdays game get's canceled (I'm assuming it will) what will happen if they can't get XL for the make up? Wonder how it would work with tickets if they had to play it at Gampel.
Not sure why they couldn't find a date at XL, they only have the Wolfpack and the women's team, could play a men's game on alt date or even the same date as any of those.

Reaction Score
Leaves two games that were scheduled before UConn and Xavier to be rescheduled.

Gtown PC from the 22nd and Butler St. Johns from the 23rd

Reaction Score
The Borges article says, "The Big East is trying to reschedule its games in chronological order of their cancellations, meaning the Seton Hall, DePaul, St. John’s and Georgetown games canceled over the past couple of weeks would likely be the first to be made up." I assume this is the information on which @HeGotGame based his post above.

That quote is super ambiguous. Does anyone have any more information? Does this mean the league will work on rescheduling one game at a time, and won't move on to the next one until they find a slot for the previous one? Or does it mean that if canceled games A and B were originally scheduled to happen A then B, they will try to reschedule them in that same order?

Neither of those schemes seems to make any sense to me, so hopefully they are both inaccurate. As far as I can tell, they need to be constantly looking for opportunities to make up any canceled game whenever they can. I don't see the relevance of the chronological order of the games' original dates or dates of cancellation, but maybe I am missing something.

Reaction Score
The Borges article says, "The Big East is trying to reschedule its games in chronological order of their cancellations, meaning the Seton Hall, DePaul, St. John’s and Georgetown games canceled over the past couple of weeks would likely be the first to be made up." I assume this is the information on which @HeGotGame based his post above.

That quote is super ambiguous. Does anyone have any more information? Does this mean the league will work on rescheduling one game at a time, and won't move on to the next one until they find a slot for the previous one? Or does it mean that if canceled games A and B were originally scheduled to happen A then B, they will try to reschedule them in that same order?

Neither of those schemes seems to make any sense to me, so hopefully they are both inaccurate. As far as I can tell, they need to be constantly looking for opportunities to make up any canceled game whenever they can. I don't see the relevance of the chronological order of the games' original dates or dates of cancellation, but maybe I am missing something.
No because they rescheduled a game that was scheduled for the 23rd but one from the 22nd remains unscheduled. I presume they are working in chronological order but also with the schools, for instance SH has had its game from the 20th and 23rd rescheduled so it wont be perfectly in order.

Reaction Score
Two more rescheduled games:
  • Georgetown at Providence – Thursday, January 20, 5 p.m. ET, TV: FS1
    • (originally scheduled on December 22)
  • Georgetown at Creighton– Monday, February 14, 9 p.m. ET, TV: FS1
    • (originally scheduled on December 28)

Reaction Score

I think they are trying to avoid schools trying to game the system. If you are rescheduling and you can only do 2 and you have 4, you can’t just reschedule the 2 easy one and skip the tough ones, or even if you have 4 you can create a situation where you get a month of home games, things like that. It might still happen but if A, B C and D were the order they were in originally, that is how you reschedule them and if D is 4-12, and A is 12-4 they need to make sure you play A . The order of play might, and likely will change though.

Reaction Score
Was really hoping for a game this week before Saturday, guess that would’ve been pretty short notice for the road team though.

Reaction Score
The rescheduled games are:

Connecticut at Xavier – Friday, February 11, 7 p.m. ET, TV: FS1
(originally scheduled on December 28)

Butler at St. John’s (Carnesecca Arena) – Friday, February 18, 5 p.m. ET, TV: CBSSN
(originally scheduled on December 23)

St. John's at Georgetown (McDonough Arena) - Monday, February 21, 7 p.m. ET, TV: FS1
(originally scheduled on January 1)

Reaction Score
Think its clear that all BE games will be rescheduled. They are not going to have an uneven schedule.

Reaction Score
I hope UConn gets back to action very soon - this long layoff could be more harmful than help
Let's play ball
I agree and Danny will have to fight his inherent tendencies to wanting more time for preparation together, waiting longer to get more guys back and having more spacing between games.

Long term a long layoff may do more to disadvantage us, than all these tactical advantages, we would get by waiting longer.

My own view is he should focus on the team/on-court and le the schedulers at UConn deal with the League Office on game times at this point.

Reaction Score
So wait...does that mean were playing on: the 8th, the 12th, the 15th, the 17th and the 20th???? :eek:

That's a ton of games. In a short period.

Reaction Score
So wait...does that mean were playing on: the 8th, the 12th, the 15th, the 17th and the 20th???? :eek:

That's a ton of games. In a short period.
Tougher on the coaches than the players. We play Butler 2 consecutive games

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom