Big East Recruiting 2020 | The Boneyard

Big East Recruiting 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wanted to start a thread to keep track of 2020 Big East recruiting and transfer news.

Today, Butler added Myles Wilmoth from St. Andrews School in Barrington, RI. The 6'9 205 power forward is a three-star, 245th overall prospect and top prospect of Rhode Island. Good addition for LaVall Jordan.

Butler and Xavier now have two '20 prospects apiece and are currently the only two schools with '20 prospects.

Reaction Score
really like that offer tracker tool! i completely forgot that georgetown was bringing in three centers, including qudus wahab :(

Reaction Score
Overall, I've been very impressed with Xavier's recent recruiting ever since Travis Steele has taken over.

Great depth in their '19 class with all five recruits between #87 and #186 in 247 rankings while their '20 class already has two top 100 recruits. Excellent backcourt depth and interesting frontcourt pieces.

With Xavier's starting lineup likely consisting of juniors and seniors, they look poised for short-term success and long-term sustainability with their strong '19 and '20 classes.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Been quiet on the recruiting front. Will pick up for the peach jam next week for sure but still super quiet on our end.

C

Chief00

Been quiet on the recruiting front. Will pick up for the peach jam next week for sure but still super quiet on our end.
Of course, The Grind continues. I look forward to the summer camps. Summer School Session 1 was very successful for building this season’s team and hopefully the academic/admissions Gods will cooperate on that open spot.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wanted to start a thread to keep track of 2020 Big East recruiting and transfer news.

Today, Butler added Myles Wilmoth from St. Andrews School in Barrington, RI. The 6'9 205 power forward is a three-star, 245th overall prospect and top prospect of Rhode Island. Good addition for LaVall Jordan.

Butler and Xavier now have two '20 prospects apiece and are currently the only two schools with '20 prospects.

@Chief00 @tcf15 what’s the view on St. Andrews? I’m friends with one of the coaches. Don’t think we’ve ever gotten a kid from there.

C

Chief00

@Chief00 @tcf15 what’s the view on St. Andrews? I’m friends with one of the coaches. Don’t think we’ve ever gotten a kid from there.
Chief remembers Joey Hassett from that school, who went to PC. Dating myself. Did TRob have a cup of coffee there? I can’t honestly remember but now just see the post above.

Reaction Score
bet we woulda gotten wahab if the big east news broke over the winter. manuel would be a fine consolation prize.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Today, DePaul added another recruit to their '19 class: #286 Nick Ongenda, a 6'10 200 frontcourt player who most recently played at Southwest Christian Academy in Little Rock. Ongenda was originally committed to WKU and after the decommit, DePaul beat out Oregon State for his services.

Depaul's '19 class now ranks #32 nationally. Add in a great transfer in Saint Louis' Carte'Are Gordon (3 years eligibility remain after sitting one) and an interesting flier transfer in Kansas' Charlie Moore, Dave Leitao should have a competitive squad for the 2020-2021 season.

Reaction Score
Today, DePaul added another recruit to their '19 class: #286 Nick Ongenda, a 6'10 200 frontcourt player who most recently played at Southwest Christian Academy in Little Rock. Ongenda was originally committed to WKU and after the decommit, DePaul beat out Oregon State for his services.

Depaul's '19 class now ranks #32 nationally. Add in a great transfer in Saint Louis' Carte'Are Gordon (3 years eligibility remain after sitting one) and an interesting flier transfer in Kansas' Charlie Moore, Dave Leitao should have a competitive squad for the 2020-2021 season.
BUT BUT BUT ECU is just as good as DePaul

Reaction Score
Overall, I've been very impressed with Xavier's recent recruiting ever since Travis Steele has taken over.

Great depth in their '19 class with all five recruits between #87 and #186 in 247 rankings while their '20 class already has two top 100 recruits. Excellent backcourt depth and interesting frontcourt pieces.

With Xavier's starting lineup likely consisting of juniors and seniors, they look poised for short-term success and long-term sustainability with their strong '19 and '20 classes.

The big issue with Xavier is if they stick around or not. They've had a lot of kids leave early, transfer, et. al.

Reaction Score
We really need Bigs if we want to be a Big Time program again. Chief can’t overemphasis this enough.
It’s been our problem the last two years and will only become worse the longer we go without recruiting the initial quality big. That’s my only criticism to date. Loosing Kofi to Illinois is proving to be a huge setback. He was just rated the fifth most impactful newcomer in the Big Ten this year. Your right no Bigs, no Big Time.

Reaction Score
xavier and marquette are everywhere in the 50-100 range of 247 predictions:

#60 dwon odom- xavier
#69 niels lane- xavier
#74 justin lewis- marquette
#76 ben carlson- xavier
#78 jamari sibley- marquette
#85 rj davis- marquette
#91 cj wilcher- xavier

Reaction Score
Seton Hall adds another '20 backcourt recruit with Jahari Long. The 6'2 165 PG prospect is listed as a #212 overall and #39 PG prospect and Seton Hall beat out Minnesota, TCU, Wichita State and VCU.

Overall, Seton Hall's backcourt will look very different next year with Powell and McKnight graduating in 2020. Adding Long and SG prospect Dimingus Stevens is a start to build their long-term depth,

Reaction Score
Seton Hall adds another '20 backcourt recruit with Jahari Long. The 6'2 165 PG prospect is listed as a #212 overall and #39 PG prospect and Seton Hall beat out Minnesota, TCU, Wichita State and VCU.

Overall, Seton Hall's backcourt will look very different next year with Powell and McKnight graduating in 2020. Adding Long and SG prospect Dimingus Stevens is a start to build their long-term depth,
Really surprised by these guard recruits for Seton Hall as they were the favorites for Posh Alexander and Darius Maddox who are rated way higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom